Stanbroil Stainless Steel Cooking Grates For Weber Q

I don't understand why stuff is so expensive in Canada as compared to the US. I know the exchange rate aspect, but even then stuff seems so much higher in Canada and the availability is much less.

For instance, why are amazon.CA prices so much higher than Amazon.com on the US that anyone would even consider buying the same product through the US site and having it shipped to Canada?

I don't understand why stuff is so expensive in Canada as compared to the US. I know the exchange rate aspect, but even then stuff seems so much higher in Canada and the availability is much less.

For instance, why are amazon.CA prices so much higher than Amazon.com on the US that anyone would even consider buying the same product through the US site and having it shipped to Canada?
Sometimes Bruce I think people in Canada are buying off Amazon.com in the US, adding a big markup and reselling on Amazon.ca. I usually buy on Amazon.com with free shipping to the in-laws and Pick it up when we visit but the border is closed because of the pandemic. I should have ordered the grates when they were $80 but I was not sure when we would be back south of the border again. 🙁

So the US/Canada border is closed to private crossing? What about commercial crossing?

I don't know about commercial. I would have to say it's open to that. Otherwise how else could Canadian goods get to the US and vice' verse'? But I have a friend who is a Canadian citizen from Newfoundland. He lives here in the US. Well his gramma died up there and they would not let him in the country and he is a citizen! I swear this crap is so outta hand.
I have a 32 yo daughter who has not ventured outta their house since March! She's so hysterical about it. Swears if she ventures out or sees me or other relatives she's afraid she'll die.

I don't know about commercial. I would have to say it's open to that. Otherwise how else could Canadian goods get to the US and vice' verse'? But I have a friend who is a Canadian citizen from Newfoundland. He lives here in the US. Well his gramma died up there and they would not let him in the country and he is a citizen! I swear this crap is so outta hand.
I have a 32 yo daughter who has not ventured outta their house since March! She's so hysterical about it. Swears if she ventures out or sees me or other relatives she's afraid she'll die.
That can't be the full story. If he's Canadian, he's definitely allowed back in the country as long as he does the mandatory 14 day quarantine.

One of my g/f's coworkers has pretty severe anxiety attacks over this, and she's a very very intelligent woman. Some things you can control, some you can't.

That can't be the full story. If he's Canadian, he's definitely allowed back in the country as long as he does the mandatory 14 day quarantine.
At one point Newfoundland would not let you in if you were from another province let alone another country, quarantine or not without an exemption and funerals would not get you an exemption. Things have relaxed since then and the 14 day quarantine applies.

All I know is he lives here on a green card. He is married to an American woman (there is a song there). His gramma died and he cannot go back. No mention of quarantine just flat out could not go back, This was a month or so ago. His own country would not let him back. That's gotta hurt
Not gonna comment further. It may be taken as political. It's not. It was simply a comment on what happened to my friend. It's over and done with so not worth mentioning it further

First time cooking on a gas grill in a long time. Cooked some burgers, this Q320 with these grates has no problems getting hot. This thing hit 550 in about 10-15 min no problem.

The solid rod grates perform just like the rod grates on a bigger gasser. Not sure why others think differently.

Highly recommend these grates.

I will say though, the elevated warming rack thing sucks. It works with these grates, but I'm removing it when the grill cools down. That thing just gets in the way. Plus if the grates shift a little bit, the way the warming rack is installed it pulls the grates tight together and out of alignment.

20201117_183246.jpg20201117_185005.jpg

I agree. I would not have one of those warming racks. Same goes for the ones on a Genesis. They just get in the way 98% of the time. Better to leave them out and just put them in when needed, if you can find them again.

Back