Stanbroil SS cut grates (Larry take Note)

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I just wanted to post up a quick review of these grates...actually one grate. I bought this when Stanbroil was offering a bunch of wild discounts on their grill parts.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C7X6ZWD/?tag=tvwb-20
I got this for about $11 delivered after the discount. Problem was, I got the last one at the time and would have ordered two if I could. They are normally $40 each. It is a 4mm thick grate and plenty strong and heavy. Anyway, I had no real reason to use it until I decided to do some Pork Tenderloins and some grilled Asparagus. I wanted to use them with the asparagus because I figured I would not have to worry about them getting sideways and falling through the grates. The batch was pretty skinny stalks too. I was right, no worries about anything falling through and they were a pleasure to grill the asparagus on. I will generally continue to grill with my set of RCP grates, but these will come in handy or just for a change. I am wondering what they would do for sear marks (Jon). Anyway, I took a few photos. The grate on the right is one of my RCP grates. I did the tenderloins on the RCP grates and they came out great.....but, I went and let them get up to 165 by not watching them enough. Most in my family seems to either like more well done or don't care anyway. Everyone loved the meat and asparagus.

Brand new grate:
20201105 Pork Tenderloins and Grilled Asparagus (1).jpg

Asparagus freshly put on.
20201105 Pork Tenderloins and Grilled Asparagus (2).jpg

Asparagus just before taking off.
20201105 Pork Tenderloins and Grilled Asparagus (4).jpg

Looks really good, Bruce! I am holding a match for you if you are interested. Actually, the split plan you show is probably a really good setup for some cooking situations.

I think they could be a welcome weapon in the arsenal. I saw those as well. But it indicated in the Amazon ad it would not fit an older style Genesis so I didn't "bite" otherwise I would have

Larry, the add for those is not clear about fitting the Genesis 1000/Silver B grills. It just says it fits the Spirit 300. Knowing that the early Spirit 300 used the same grates as the Silver and 1000 grills and the dimensions they listed looked right, I figured they just didn't even realize the grates fit more than the Spirit 300's. Seems sometimes, people on this forum know more about weber grills than the people making parts for them. But, it does indeed fit very well. And, when I found I could get it for under $11 with the discount, it was a no brainer really.
And Yah, mine is going to an "accessory" for my grill.

If you fell like you might have use for one, even the $39 price tag isn't too bad.

Yah, Larry, I definitely wouldn't have pulled the trigger for $39, especially since I didn't know what kind of quality they were or if they would even fit correctly. Now, that I know, I wouldn't criticize anyone for paying for one for $39, but even that would be a bit high for me.

Back