Stanbroil Griddle for Genesis, Spirit

Mack Manning

TVWBB Super Fan
Today I found Stanbroil makes a full griddle top for $120, less than half the price of the carbon steel Weber top. It has handles to help lift the 30lb top and it's stainless to help with rust. Reviews say mildly magnetic. They also make them to fit 2-3 burner Genesis II, new Genesis and older Genesis, Spirit.

Does anyone have experience with these?

Stanbroil Stainless Steel Griddle Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle, 4-Burner Grill Accessories for Weber Genesis II, II LX and Genesis 2022 400 Series Gas Grills https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09N6CZFS7/?tag=tvwb-20

Mack, I can't attest to how well the griddle would work for you. I have very limited experience with griddles on grills, but I will attest to quality of products from Stanbroil. I have bought a lot of their grill parts and accessories for my rehab grills and personal grills until they stopped making them (Like grates and flavorizer bars). I was always impressed by the quality and value of their products.

Since it says, "Mildly magnetic" it is another way of saying that it is likely not 304 stainless and more likely a 400 series stainless. Which, in my opinion is not a big deal for a griddle which is not exposed to heat like flavorizer bars might be.

Do you know how thick the stainless is on it?

Mack, I can't attest to how well the griddle would work for you. I have very limited experience with griddles on grills, but I will attest to quality of products from Stanbroil. I have bought a lot of their grill parts and accessories for my rehab grills and personal grills until they stopped making them (Like grates and flavorizer bars). I was always impressed by the quality and value of their products.

Since it says, "Mildly magnetic" it is another way of saying that it is likely not 304 stainless and more likely a 400 series stainless. Which, in my opinion is not a big deal for a griddle which is not exposed to heat like flavorizer bars might be.

Do you know how thick the stainless is on it?
They say 8 gauge or 4mm. That's about the same as the Blackstone I'm hoping to replace.

4mm would be good in my opinion. I have 4mm laser cut grates for my Q200 from Stanbroil and I love them.

It arrived Tuesday as promised. Weighs 32lbs and is thicker than the cook box on the new 435. Fits perfectly with air gap on the left and right for ventilation. I can get my fingers into the gap, so I won't mount the handles. I'll break the edges for more comfortable handling, but none of them are dangerously sharp. All in, very well made and a bargain compared to the $300 carbon steel Weber version.

Attachments

• PXL_20230614_115726823.jpg
    PXL_20230614_115726823.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 23
  • PXL_20230614_115712242.jpg
    PXL_20230614_115712242.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 23
I purchased the Weber full size gristle for my SE-335. Am really happy with it. It cost $249. I also bought the ”cover’ so I can safely store it. I am really pleased with the performance. I seasoned it according to Weber’s recommendation and nothing sticks or even tries to stick.

I did contemplate getting a dedicated griddle but opted for the insert as I do not want yet another piece of gear in the yard. I had already downsized to the SE-335 and the E6 Kamado (awesome!) and am very happy I went for the insert.

1686762438860.jpeg

Last edited:
Where does the grease go? Just down into the fire box? If so does it catch fire?
It drains down a hole in the corner, same as the Weber top. It should miss the burner and run down to the pan, but we'll see on Sunday.

My experiment cooking with the Blackstone top on the Weber showed that low-medium is plenty hot, so I won't be running wide open like I would searing on grates.

Would be nice if it had a drip cup as I like collecting bacon grease to use later. I suppose you may be able to figure out something.

Where does the grease go? Just down into the fire box? If so does it catch fire?
Just going by my eyeball estimate, it looks like the drain slot would fall on the burner in an E-W grill.

I think I’d be putting the drain on the right-rear corner, and leaving the back Flavorizer bar in place if I ever tried this out.

It drains down a hole in the corner, same as the Weber top. It should miss the burner and run down to the pan, but we'll see on Sunday.

My experiment cooking with the Blackstone top on the Weber showed that low-medium is plenty hot, so I won't be running wide open like I would searing on grates.
How are you finding it, would cost a fair amount to import the griddle for my 3 burner Genesis version into Uk, but would still be a little bit cheaper than the Weber official (porcelain enamelled) version that is our only option that is available in the UK, no carbon or stainless steel version out over here from Weber

How do you find Stainless Steel to clean and is it easy enough to season, and does the grease hole work with the drip pan position underneath, if you have a 2022 Genesis version? and do Stanbroil give seasoning instruction with the product, can you remember?

Thanks

Back