Stainless Steel Replacement grates

Kyle in Woodstock

TVWBB Guru
Besides KillaGrilla, do you guys know of any other good places to buy a set of stainless steel kettle replacement grates?

I've seen the Mega Grate, but that crisscross design seems impossible to keep food from getting caught up between the grates.

Would like to get a nice set for my 22", and maybe for the 26" as well.

Those look nice, I picked one up on Amazon a while back and so far so good, but if it ever goes bad I’d like to pick up that Killa Grilla for the 22”.

Those look nice, I picked one up on Amazon a while back and so far so good, but if it ever goes bad I’d like to pick up that Killa Grilla for the 22”.

Which one do you have? The Mega Grate? That thing looks beefy, I just imagine it would get chunks of food / grease stuck in it all the time.
Having a Mega charcoal grate might be cool though....would prevent small chunks of charcoal from fall to bottom of the bowl.

Around a year-ago I bought the SS "Easy-Spin" grate for my 22" Weber Mastertouch from the SlowNSear Company and I remain one-happy customer.

Dang. $59.99 and free 2 day shipping is hard to beat. Too bad they don't make a grate for the 26" kettle.

Both are 304 SS, but the KillaGrilla does seem to be a thicker gauge grate.
$60 vs $100 (KillaGrilla).

I am sure the SS "Easy-Spin" is a very good grate. I haven't used one, but believe those who have.

I can personally attest to Killa Grilla grates (I have two 22" and one 26"). They are what they look like, hold up wonderfully and are relatively easy to clean. They are unusually thick for kettle grates.

I bought one that was in a thread here from the same guy making stainless baskets. He’s out of business and said people hijacked his reviews and product. I would definitely go with the Killa Grilla grate.

I am sure the SS "Easy-Spin" is a very good grate. I haven't used one, but believe those who have.

I can personally attest to Killa Grilla grates (I have two 22" and one 26"). They are what they look like, hold up wonderfully and are relatively easy to clean. They are unusually thick for kettle grates.
Does KillaGrilla sell the charcoal grate for the 26"? I can't seem to find one on his website

Try his etsy shop. He has a standard no hinge grate and a single hinge grate for the 26er. I believe they are the 25.5" grates, but check the diameter of your existing grate to be sure. The older 26ers actually take a different size of grate. He also does custom work if you want something particular. Some things could simply just be out of stock temporarily. I have 2 top grates and 2 charcoal grates for my 22s and they are solid is hell. Shipping isn't fun to pay though because they are a beast in terms of weight. He did do a Black Friday sale, but I am unsure if there are any other sales he occasionally does.

I personally prefer the large one sided hinge over the double sided hinge for my 22s. The small hinges just do not seem to have enough space to maneuver if you need to.

I also have the SnS grate. It is an alright grate that I use mostly for steak. Sometimes I dislike the hinge being removable because it occasionally likes to unhook when I do not want it to.

Mark Baron's (Killa Grilla) operation may be impacted by COVID-19.

I do know that he makes grates for BOTH the current 26" as well as the older "flat-top" like I have. (He may be the ONLY choice for a new grate for the old 26ers.) Mark has a couple models. I went with the one that has one large side that opens like Bill mentioned. It works great with a Slow N Sear or Smokenator.

In reviewing the SlowNSear Company Website this morning it reflects that many of their BBQ Products are on Backorder until the end-of-May, however, the SS Easy Spin Grate still has immediate availability.

Last edited:
I ordered a 17.65 grate Monday evening and it shipped today. I expect Mark is busy this time of year.
He has grates for current and vintage 26” Weber grills on his site.

So I kept looking around Killa Grilla's different sites he sells grates, looking for a replacement charcoal grate for the 26" kettle.

Never found one, but today I was cleaning the 26"er and I placed one of my main cooking grates from a 22"kettle and it seemed to be a pretty good fit!

So, if you guys were buying a replacement charcoal grate for a 26" would you buy the Weber replacement for $46.99 or buy a basic SS 22" main grate from Killa Grilla for $70.95?

My 26" is new to me, but is about 10 years old. I originally bought it to flip, but have decided to keep it. Love the size.
The current charcoal grate is still in one piece, but it is really bowed down in the middle, big dip. Likely from where previous owner burned his charcoal most the time. I prefer to do most my cooks with coals placed on the sides of the kettle and that is a little difficult with the current shape of the charcoal grate.

Really trying to buy the grate that'll last the longest. The Weber seems to have a lot more support brackets built in, but that obviously doesn't stand the test of time....will the standard grate from Killa Grilla be a tougher, longer lasting option?

Dang. $59.99 and free 2 day shipping is hard to beat. Too bad they don't make a grate for the 26" kettle.

Both are 304 SS, but the KillaGrilla does seem to be a thicker gauge grate.
$60 vs $100 (KillaGrilla).
SnS did make one for the 26er but I believe they discontinued it.

So I kept looking around Killa Grilla's different sites he sells grates, looking for a replacement charcoal grate for the 26" kettle.

Never found one, but today I was cleaning the 26"er and I placed one of my main cooking grates from a 22"kettle and it seemed to be a pretty good fit!

So, if you guys were buying a replacement charcoal grate for a 26" would you buy the Weber replacement for $46.99 or buy a basic SS 22" main grate from Killa Grilla for $70.95?

My 26" is new to me, but is about 10 years old. I originally bought it to flip, but have decided to keep it. Love the size.
The current charcoal grate is still in one piece, but it is really bowed down in the middle, big dip. Likely from where previous owner burned his charcoal most the time. I prefer to do most my cooks with coals placed on the sides of the kettle and that is a little difficult with the current shape of the charcoal grate.

Really trying to buy the grate that'll last the longest. The Weber seems to have a lot more support brackets built in, but that obviously doesn't stand the test of time....will the standard grate from Killa Grilla be a tougher, longer lasting option?
If you go with the Weber OEM 26" grate I could sell you mine if you'd like. I still have mine unused because I ended up purchasing the one from SnS when they were still available.

Around a year-ago I bought the SS "Easy-Spin" grate for my 22" Weber Mastertouch from the SlowNSear Company and I remain one-happy customer.
Yup, I've had mine for a couple of years and am a happy camper as well. I don't think you can go wrong though with either the SnS or KillaGrilla grate.

Am I missing something? The Weber grate is just regular steel. That is certainly fine for a charcoal grate if given decent care but it is not stainless. I actually thought that Killa Grilla makes charcoal grates as well. Look on his actual website that offers more options than what he posts on Etsy. Might be cheaper because it won't have handles.

Killa Grilla stuff is first class, as I know I probably say too often:oops:. I would see if he has a charcoal specific grate for less and go with that, if so.

Back