Stainless Steel Grates

George Si

TVWBB Super Fan
Hi
I got in touch with Dave re: SS grates and am considering them. I also looked on Amazon and could not find anything that is a perfect fit. The Qualimetal ones are 9mm but they r 19.5” and it says does not fit my Genesis II E-335. Does anyone else make a 19” x 13.5” grate to compare? Thanks

The Qlimetal grates you mention are meant for the 300 series grills. Other than Dave they are probably the nicest grates you can get for those grills. I don't think there are any high quality choices for the Genesis II besides Dave Santana. Good thing is that you can't go wrong with his top drawer craftsmanship.

I think I’m going to going to give the porcelain enamel CI a few months and see how they are. Although his SS on my old Silver B were so easy to clean

One last thing I think I read that the Weber SS grates are 9.5mm. Anyone have experience with them? Don’t know if they only fit the Summit??

Yes. Go to the San Francisco Bay Area Craigslist and search for Weber grates, flavorizer bars, etc until you find a listing from Burlingame CA. That is Dave Santana. It doesn’t matter what the ad is for, just message him on CL about what you need. DON’T use or mention eBay or he will have to charge you more to cover his fees.

Timing of this thread is really good as I need to find some new ss grates to put in my blue Silver B that I picked up last year and has been stored inside through the winter. Thanks!

You won't go wrong with Dave's product. Top notch at great prices. Yeah not Chinese stuff prices but great for something made by a true craftsman

Yes. Go to the San Francisco Bay Area Craigslist and search for Weber grates, flavorizer bars, etc until you find a listing from Burlingame CA. That is Dave Santana. It doesn’t matter what the ad is for, just message him on CL about what you need. DON’T use or mention eBay or he will have to charge you more to cover his fees.
That’s awesome, he’s about 10 minutes from me.
I would love to see his operation one day. Burlingame is a very nice area to live! $$$$

Dave - often referred to by his eBay name rcplanebuyer, in my opinion (and that of a lot of others here), is the BEST when it comes to stainless steel Weber gas grill replacement grates, flavorizer bars and a few other things. He has even helped some members here with very specialized, custom work. If you talk with him on the phone he can sound a little gruff, but he IS a great craftsman who stands behind his excellent work and does what he promises.

For Weber kettles and WSMs, there is a guy in Tennessee named Mark Baron whose business name is Killa Grilla. I like to say that Mark is to Weber kettle grill grates what Dave is to Weber gas grill grates. Mark has a website under the Killa Grilla name.

All that said, I will still defend someone whose cost/benefit personal choice leads them to go with the highest grade choices among the imported, lower cost options for stainless grates. There are several that are definitely NOT up to the quality Dave offers but which are also NOT junk. I would included Qlimetal and Hongso in this category. There are others and there certainly ones of much lower quality that should be avoided if you really are into grilling and enjoy the process of using a grill.

Then there IS another quality, Made in USA choice that deserves mention. BBQParts.com makes an 8mm, 304 stainless grate that is manufactured here in the US. They are a very fine company in my dealings and a good friend to us grill collectors and restorers. I have one a set of their grates and don't see how anyone could find fault with them.

I have re-posted this a few times, so forgive me if you have read it enough already. But we are getting some new active members who may not have seen my post Stainless Steel Grate Throwdown Challenge Results. I worked hard - and spent more $ than I should have - to try and do an objective as possible review of the popular choices we are seeing for stainless grates. It is over a year old now, and some are no longer available and prices on others fluctuate all the time. It still has some good comparative information for someone looking at their options:

I ordered my RCPs and was just expecting beefy rods that hold heat. Actually thought there'd be big tack welds where the rods were held to the connecting bar. Nope, resistance welded and totally beautiful. Rods are beveled at the edge too. It's one of those things where you pick them up and instantly know they are the real deal.

Dave - often referred to by his eBay name rcplanebuyer, in my opinion (and that of a lot of others here), is the BEST when it comes to stainless steel Weber gas grill replacement grates, flavorizer bars and a few other things. He has even helped some members here with very specialized, custom work. If you talk with him on the phone he can sound a little gruff, but he IS a great craftsman who stands behind his excellent work and does what he promises.

For Weber kettles and WSMs, there is a guy in Tennessee named Mark Baron whose business name is Killa Grilla. I like to say that Mark is to Weber kettle grill grates what Dave is to Weber gas grill grates. Mark has a website under the Killa Grilla name.

All that said, I will still defend someone whose cost/benefit personal choice leads them to go with the highest grade choices among the imported, lower cost options for stainless grates. There are several that are definitely NOT up to the quality Dave offers but which are also NOT junk. I would included Qlimetal and Hongso in this category. There are others and there certainly ones of much lower quality that should be avoided if you really are into grilling and enjoy the process of using a grill.

Then there IS another quality, Made in USA choice that deserves mention. BBQParts.com makes an 8mm, 304 stainless grate that is manufactured here in the US. They are a very fine company in my dealings and a good friend to us grill collectors and restorers. I have one a set of their grates and don't see how anyone could find fault with them.

I have re-posted this a few times, so forgive me if you have read it enough already. But we are getting some new active members who may not have seen my post Stainless Steel Grate Throwdown Challenge Results. I worked hard - and spent more $ than I should have - to try and do an objective as possible review of the popular choices we are seeing for stainless grates. It is over a year old now, and some are no longer available and prices on others fluctuate all the time. It still has some good comparative information for someone looking at their options:

I respect all the time and money you have invested for others to learn!!

Last edited:

Back