St Louis Ribs and Rib Tips

Dan Krause

TVWBB Fan
Got a 3 pack of full spares from the local Sam's Club. Trimmed them to a St Louis cut. Put the rib tips on the lower rack and the ribs up top. I used the mystery spice rub that I had (a mix of left over rubs mixed together). I used this mix last time just on the tips and wife loved it, so it went on everything this time.

StLouisRibs11-03-10_1.jpg

StLouisRibs11-03-10_5.jpg

StLouisRibs11-03-10_2.jpg

Dan...Ribs and trimmin's look FANTASTIC!!!
butt, umm... you're ..a.. not cookin' in the umm, road? Are you?
cuz if you are, w0w... the cars around here think they're on airport runways...

Hey Dan, when the spares are cooked and sliced up, please post those photos too, cuz I'M HUNGRY NOW!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for sharin'!

Will post pics of the finished product. That is not the road but the end of my driveway. This is the view from my garage looking towards my neighbors. I put the smoker just barely under the over hang of the roof so that the fan motor does not get wet when it is raining.

Well here is the final product:

StLouisRibs11-03-10_6.jpg

StLouisRibs11-03-10_7.jpg

Overall not bad. Juicy and tender. The rub was warm and spicy with indian flavors. Needed a little sauce with some vinegar and sugar to balance the flavor.

The wife absolutely loves the rib tips as they get very crispy and moist.

Dan - holy COW those ribs look awesome! I almost sank my teeth right into my monitor!!

But seriously, do I detect wheels on the legs of your WSM? Very cool; do tell, if you haven't already...

Thanks for sharing!

Barret

Yes those are wheels on my WSM. I went with the easiest possible method possible. Bought 3" casters from Lowes and just drilled holes into the bottom of the legs and screwed them on. It drives like a drunken monkey because they are not all level but it is better than nothing. I have plans for making a base plate to level the wheels.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dan Krause:
Yes those are wheels on my WSM. I went with the easiest possible method possible. Bought 3" casters from Lowes and just drilled holes into the bottom of the legs and screwed them on. It drives like a drunken monkey because they are not all level but it is better than nothing. I have plans for making a base plate to level the wheels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice looking ribs, Dan!

My WSM suffers the same drunken roll. I just need to take a scrap piece of plywood and cut it down to a rounded triangle to use for a base. But I tend to keep smoking and forgetting...
icon_rolleyes.gif

Rich

Very nice looking ribs there Dan, the final product pic's look amazing. I can only imagine what the rib's tasted like mmm mmm gd i bet.

Thanks for the feedback. I got a pleasant surprise when I took 2 racks into work. I reheated them in foil in the small toaster oven there for about 30 to 45 minutes at about 300F. They were just as good reheated if not better. The response at work was very positive.

Back