SS Grates for Genesis (2022) EPX-335

I'll have to stop and look at them next time I'm in Ace Hardware since I'm not picturing what you mean(not unusual for me)
I think it will make more sense if you watch this Weber video on Home Depot's website. Look at the one with the green beans being grilled:

I think it will make more sense if you watch this Weber video on Home Depot's website. Look at the one with the green beans being grilled:
Okay, couple of things…

First, watch when he pours the scrambled eggs onto the griddle, and immediately loses a bunch of them down the drain slot. That’s got to be fun to clean out of a fire box.

Second, he says that it fits Genesis and Spirit grills “going back to 2016”. Eh… the grate on my Genesis is 17.5 x 23.8” - just the same as a current Spirit 3xx. Are they disavowing knowledge of anything older?

Yep, I get it now. Thanks Jon

Okay, couple of things…

First, watch when he pours the scrambled eggs onto the griddle, and immediately loses a bunch of them down the drain slot. That’s got to be fun to clean out of a fire box.
That was a good catch and I would hate to clean that up on my grill;-)

Okay, couple of things…

Second, he says that it fits Genesis and Spirit grills “going back to 2016”. Eh… the grate on my Genesis is 17.5 x 23.8” - just the same as a current Spirit 3xx. Are they disavowing knowledge of anything older?
Ok, there are 2 size crafted frames on offer. Genesis and spirit. I have the stealth smokefire 4 which is the spirit 300 size and comes with crafted kit and this fits older genesis gas grills like my genesis 1. You will see that the mini grate on front of crafted frame is v skinny on the spirit size. i have both Genesis and Spirit crsfted kits so if u need any photos let me know.

Qulimetal 304 9mm grates arrived and they are impressive. They are non-magnetic and incredibly stout -- seem to weigh about double what the OEM coated cast iron grates do. Dead square. Excellent with spacing between the two grates and fit overall. With the rcplanebuyer heat reflectors and flavor bars, this is going to be an ideal set up for me. THANK YOU, everyone, for help on this post and previous.

Attachments

• IMG_3769.jpeg
    IMG_3769.jpeg
    187.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3770.jpeg
    IMG_3770.jpeg
    182.1 KB · Views: 23
I like the quilmetal solid SS grates for the older Genesis grills. I think you will be happy with those.

Well I haven't heated them up yet but I will say without hesitation or shame, they sure look good! I bought a bottle of avocado oil today - should I go ahead and season them now or just wait until tomorrow when I'm ready to cook?

20220904_135006.jpg20220904_135043.jpg

It is a shame that Qulimetal doesn't make a set of those 9mm grates for the 1000's and Silver B's. But, those generations are disappearing fast along with the demand for replacement parts.
Seriously though, I would imagine they could sell a whole lot of them over a year or so of offering them. And how hard would it be to design a set and pump out a thousand or so sets of them? I am sure they realize that once the initial demand for them was fulfilled, there would not be a lot more demand after that, but I think they could sell a lot right off the bat.

I don't know that it really matters if you season them now or just before cooking. You could season them now, then heat up the grill and bake the oil on. Then reseason them again before you cook. Otherwise, if they are clean, just go ahead and throw some meat on them as is. They will become seasoned soon enough. It isn't like they are going to rust before they have a good coating on them.

It is a shame that Qulimetal doesn't make a set of those 9mm grates for the 1000's and Silver B's. But, those generations are disappearing fast along with the demand for replacement parts.
Seriously though, I would imagine they could sell a whole lot of them over a year or so of offering them. And how hard would it be to design a set and pump out a thousand or so sets of them? I am sure they realize that once the initial demand for them was fulfilled, there would not be a lot more demand after that, but I think they could sell a lot right off the bat.

I was just deliberating between the qulimetal 9mm and 7mm for my genesis 1000. Here is the 9 mm for $96. There is a drop down menu where it says material type. I am also really tempted to splurge on the USA made ones on grillparts.com but they are $120.00. Those are about 8 mm, but I try to by US made when I can.

E90EFB38-BFFD-472C-9865-1BD2F8912D65.png

Yah, I get that, but the price difference along with smaller diameter rods makes the Quilmetal grates a real value. Seems odd that we can't make them in the US for less. I don't think there is really a lot of labor involved. I figure the rods are in a jig and welded mechanically. I suppose they can source the 304 SS in China for a lot less than in the US.

Back