SS cart Genesis Platinum C

It is Natural Gas. If that is what you are looking for, that is great, but if not, finding a propane manifold might be tough. I assume they are different than the Silver and Gold manifolds.

Nah Bruce, they use the same LP manifolds as the Silver C (WEBER 60143). Yah, finding one may be tough but they're still available via ereplacementparts.com. Not cheap but still well worth it and I'd rather go that route instead of buying a newer grill.

Last edited:
MJ: Yep, thats the one you want with the SS frame. And at $50, it is a bargain. Too bad you are not able to grab it.

I paid $75 for mine. But the cabinet was rusted. I was really only interested in the frame and mounted all the Silver C parts on the frame. Am not a big fan of that “dirty” Weber grey and I did not like the tables with the SS inlays. They are a pain to keep clean. The standard tables in “granite” texture are much easier to keep clean.

I paid $75 for mine. But the cabinet was rusted. I was really only interested in the frame and mounted all the Silver C parts on the frame. Am not a big fan of that “dirty” Weber grey and I did not like the tables with the SS inlays. They are a pain to keep clean. The standard tables in “granite” texture are much easier to keep clean.

That is actually a very good approach. While I agree, for the one I am working on I am trying to keep it as much like the original as possible except find a solution for the cheap metal insides of the cabinet. My crazy idea is to have it and a very early Genesis I side by side. Kind of the "bookends" of the Weber classic Genesis story. A pretty good run of twenty years using the same basic underlying design. If you count the E-W 3-burner Spirit it actually carried on a couple more years.

I know it is kind of funny that we talk about design of a cooker. 😂
In my opinion Weber used too many different shades of grey on the Platinum and I love the colored lids which in my opinion work better with black.

Back