Spun Buzzard

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Good minds think alike Rich. Had a 14LBS bird froze since Thanksgiving, decided some turkey sandwiches for the first week of May would be in order. Also gave me the opportunity to tryout my lollipop thermometer. I should have bought these instead of the folding thermometers, I like them alot

Poor bird needed acupuncture

u1x5EYD.jpg

Seasoned with "The Blend"

Looking pretty, but too soon to stab it with a lollipop

uqN2c3J.jpg

Purdy Burdy

First opportunity to use the Lollipop

OvkFTpW.jpg

Second chance

SlZvwPk.jpg

I love Rotisserie Chicken

The Cowboy Charcoal did wonders

lrQ5yLY.jpg

Pasta Salad to go with the cook

Kqrg3Q6.jpg

A plug for some local beer talent and The Blend

oUI24bU.jpg

hWygoad.jpg

Made some Moinks for yesterday's Giants game, was a really good game, but the Giants lost

AeWWTx9.jpg

The thermometer gets the ChuckO seal of approval

Great looking buzzard Chuck. You're right good minds do think alike. I also have a 12lb buzzard in the freezer that I'm going to cook next week.
Don't think I can use the roti on my E320, not enough clearance for it. But how ever I cook it I will be using one of my three Thermo pops to check the temps. I am also a big fan of the Thermo Pops. Also a big fan of Kinder's "The Blend" good stuff.

That turned out great!

ChuckO,
I’ve always done rotis with a basket on each side of the drip pan. I see you do a 1 sided with a basket a bigger fire. Just curious if/why you like it better that way???

I’ve always done rotis with a basket on each side of the drip pan. I see you do a 1 sided with a basket a bigger fire. Just curious if/why you like it better that way???
I prefer just one side lit. The Rotisserie cook makes it's magic by self basting. Having the heat only on one side increases the self basting time, IMHO. Nothing scientific, it's just my opinion. I do this with everything I spin

Looks like a fun cook!
Looked up moinks as I hadn't heard of them. All this time I have been calling them bacon wrapped meatballs. Learn something new every day.

I prefer just one side lit. The Rotisserie cook makes it's magic by self basting. Having the heat only on one side increases the self basting time, IMHO. Nothing scientific, it's just my opinion. I do this with everything I spin

HMMMMM I''m going to have to give this a try, I always flip the vortex to the big side up, add a 8" pie pan to the bottom of the Vortex.
Get a chimney of charcoal going, when done I put a lid on top of the vortex and add the charcoal all the way around the Vortex and game on.

To each their own.... Thats why its called Barbecuing..... There are no rules.

I like your style Chuck, the heat on one side the rub, and the out come is amazing color, I bet the skin was as crispy as it looks?

Back