Spirit S-210 Sticker Shock

Yep, once we get to the point there are few Silver B's and 1000's left to rehab, the sport will be about over. The E3xx are still good rehab candidates, but the Genesis II grills with cabinets or open frames will just not be financially feasible to rehab by 2030. They will be mostly rust buckets and the cost to replace the frame parts will make it impossible to rehab with any kind of profit.
The Weber II series with the GS4 burner system does not even have available aftermarket parts and chances are they never will.

I would think that once there are enough of a certain model sold and on peoples decks and then the grill line has a chance to age to the point that burners are wearing out, that is when the aftermarket crew will ramp up production. Right now, there is probably very little demand for GS4 burners and Weber has that small demand covered.
It is all about supply and demand and the demand is just not there yet.

The Weber II series with the GS4 burner system does not even have available aftermarket parts and chances are they never will.
I was just thinking the same. The Genesis II was introed in 2017, now 5 years old. I have flipped about a half dozen of these and must say that in all cases, after cleaning, the burners were in perfect shape. Have I mentioned how much I like that they remove without tools ;-) Even the heat reflectors in the bottom of the box usually clean up pretty well. As usual the flavorizers...Well they are consumables.

I would think that once there are enough of a certain model sold and on peoples decks and then the grill line has a chance to age to the point that burners are wearing out, that is when the aftermarket crew will ramp up production. Right now, there is probably very little demand for GS4 burners and Weber has that small demand covered.
It is all about supply and demand and the demand is just not there yet.
Well there is the issue of patents too.

I was just thinking the same. The Genesis II was introed in 2017, now 5 years old. I have flipped about a half dozen of these and must say that in all cases, after cleaning, the burners were in perfect shape.
Not to mention that they are still under 10 year warranty. No market for aftermarket until warranties start to expire.

Not to mention that they are still under 10 year warranty. No market for aftermarket until warranties start to expire.
There could be with all the used ones being sold and purchased that are potentially not covered under warranty if the first owner registered the grill.

Yep, once we get to the point there are few Silver B's and 1000's left to rehab, the sport will be about over. The E3xx are still good rehab candidates, but the Genesis II grills with cabinets or open frames will just not be financially feasible to rehab by 2030. They will be mostly rust buckets and the cost to replace the frame parts will make it impossible to rehab with any kind of profit.
Your point is certainly conventional wisdom. I'm not certain, however, that the sport will come to an end. Think re-rebuild. Many people still rehab good pianos that are even 100-150 years old simply because much of the new market has gone to plywood and plastic (not even mentioning offshore construction). Who knows.

Your point is certainly conventional wisdom. I'm not certain, however, that the sport will come to an end. Think re-rebuild. Many people still rehab good pianos that are even 100-150 years old simply because much of the new market has gone to plywood and plastic (not even mentioning offshore construction). Who knows.
If I restored pianos I would have a never ending supply of free ones here;-) Too bad they are so much heavier.

A common line among piano dealers/buyers is that Steinway's biggest competitor is used/rebuilt Steinway. No joke. At least Weber eventually figured out how to not shoot themselves in the foot that way.

Oh, I think the older grills will be more rehabbable in ten years than the newer ones. The newer ones have too many issues with rust that will either require a whole lot of rust remediation or full replacement. Both of which make rehabbing and flipping tough profit wise.
The older grills (without the cabinets) are simpler and less prone to extensive rusting. And even if they do, the part are usually easy to fab in.

Replacing legs and bottom slats on the Genesis II grills which have already shown they are going to have an issue with rust will be expensive and not so easily fabbed.

That Weber Spirit E-210 that I saw at Home Depot in February for $510 is now $570!! That's right....$570. Right next to it were Nexgrill 4 burner all stainless (albeit lesser quality stainless) with a side burner for $300.
I'm sure many folks will ask," Am I getting twice the grill for almost twice the cost?" A fair question.

Attachments

• 20220510_160529_HDR.jpg
    20220510_160529_HDR.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 20220510_160447_HDR.jpg
    20220510_160447_HDR.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
That entry level genesis is up a hundred bucks over a couple weeks ago. Has Napoleon done the same?

Back