Spirit S-210 Sticker Shock

Weber is usually what people but after they go through 2 of the $120 grills in 3-5 years.
That may have been the case 2 years ago when the same Weber was at or near the $300 mark. At $510, many not-so-dumb folks are doing the simple math....buy a $120 grill every other year for 8-10 years and still have money left over.
I know I wouldn't buy a new Weber now unless it was a deal I couldn't refuse. At least in the gas grill market, they have priced themselves out of reach for their market. I suspect the charcoal market is even more competitive with the current trend with pellet grills
. Right now, Weber stock is a dog and it's very doubtful it's a buying opportunity.

Last edited:
It’s carried over to the used market as well...I’m shocked to see what people are asking for used Spirits these days.
A side control Spirit with an enclosed base is consistently this biggest piece of crap to roll through the used market in my neck of the woods. People seem to think there’s gold in the grease tray for what they’re asking for them...and there’s always another knucklehead lined up and willing to pay the price just because it’s a Weber. I’m so glad I walked away from them years ago.

Last edited:
I was in HD this morning and noticed the S210 SPirit on sale. Not sure if it is last year's stock or a 2022 model.

20220217_094434.jpg

Isn't that the old design? Did they not update the Spirit line? I don't follow the newer grills and especially the Spirit line, but that doesn't look "different" to me at all.
Weber confuses me with their products. That E-215 on Lowes site looks like the E-210 on the Weber site with a new handle and paint job. Same price. They came out with the Spirit II line to replace the Spirit, but is supposed to be DC'd according to reports, but is still on their site. IMO, Weber has too many SKU's. There is little to gain from upper end models apart from gadgets and cosmetics. The biggest jump they have made over the years is the new burner orientation. I personally find it better for indirect cooking, but no different besides that. Others disagree. YMMV.

I can’t recall how many times I’ve showed up to pick up a nice old Silver B only to find a shiny new Spirit next to it with the owner beaming from ear to ear. I just nod my head in agreement and thank them for the old grill as they gush over their new bundle of joy. As soon as the niceties are over, I’m tossing their trusty old faithful into the back of my truck as quickly as possible and trying not to smile as I drive away knowing that I’m getting the better end of the deal.

I too am confused as to why Weber has two lines of Spirits that are entirely different designs and prices.
Not all Spirits are junk. Front control Spirits before the newer Weber GS4 system are rock solid with the exception of the steel cabinets. But they are great restoration models.

Everything is wonky. I found out my Rav4 bought new 8/20 (2020 model) is worth more than it's original sticker right now if I wanted to sell it. But, what's the point? Personally not buying much of anything new right now.
If i owned twenty cars, i would have sold 21 in the past year. If I had extra real estate.... wow I would be even wealthier today. Well, a stamp would make me wealthier. Crazy prices. Part gouging, part supply, part mono/greed, and part people paying crazy prices for cars and houses in an attempt to buy security. Best wishes to all and stay safe. Oh and post pics of great food.

I too am confused as to why Weber has two lines of Spirits that are entirely different designs and prices.
Not all Spirits are junk. Front control Spirits before the newer Weber GS4 system are rock solid with the exception of the steel cabinets. But they are great restoration models.
The Spirit 300 series is a nice transition from the Silver B and similar grills. Same exact size cooking area and retains crossover ignition. Grease tray is a slightly better design. New burner orientation is personal preference. The Spirit II 300 series is a little more of a departure internally and was to be a Spirit replacement. Time will tell if it is an improvement or not, but the news that it was to be DC'd might be some indication. Better warranty.

Personally, I would like to see Weber call them all Genesis and designate A, B, C etc. to differentiate different size grills. Each series could be optioned up and designated with a name.

If i owned twenty cars, i would have sold 21 in the past year. If I had extra real estate.... wow I would be even wealthier today. Well, a stamp would make me wealthier. Crazy prices. Part gouging, part supply, part mono/greed, and part people paying crazy prices for cars and houses in an attempt to buy security. Best wishes to all and stay safe. Oh and post pics of great food.
I don't know what you're talking about here Sir.

I just sold the 2017 Genesis II E310 I was using to test the Afterburner IR burners and as I was helping load it into the guys SUV I noticed the bottoms of bottom rack were all starting to rust. It was kept on a raised deck under a cover. That should not be happening.

Maybe the open carts do not hold up better than the cabinet style. I would have expected the air flow to help.

Scott I thought the story was wonderful! I certainly saw the connection between the costs of the new Weber and what can be done with a bit of imagination. How many of the people on here have used a little imagination while refurbishing or flipping a grill when needed? Even though I dońt really care for the newer Webers. There will come a time when refurbing a newer style Weber will take over our hobby and let us be able to finance said hobby by selling our refurbs to folks that want a Weber without paying the new price.

Scott I thought the story was wonderful! I certainly saw the connection between the costs of the new Weber and what can be done with a bit of imagination. How many of the people on here have used a little imagination while refurbishing or flipping a grill when needed? Even though I dońt really care for the newer Webers. There will come a time when refurbing a newer style Weber will take over our hobby and let us be able to finance said hobby by selling our refurbs to folks that want a Weber without paying the new price.
I dread the day when the open frame, side control models are all gone. It’s probably why I get nervous when I get down to 12-15 of them in my inventory at any given time. Until then, I will continue to work myself out of a job per se.

Yep, once we get to the point there are few Silver B's and 1000's left to rehab, the sport will be about over. The E3xx are still good rehab candidates, but the Genesis II grills with cabinets or open frames will just not be financially feasible to rehab by 2030. They will be mostly rust buckets and the cost to replace the frame parts will make it impossible to rehab with any kind of profit.

Back