Spice Blends

One very minor little benefit of working for an Indian IT services company is the food discussions. There are days I'll get off the 8:00 AM status call just utterly famished after talking about dinner plans. That's a very useful guide, but in comparison, that's almost like saying the Carolina's lowland Gullah cooking is the same a salmon smoking in the Pacific Northwest. In India & China both, there's an incredibly diverse food culture. You can ask a dozen Indian folk how to make garam masala, and you'll get 15 different recipes back. And curries themselves a very large array of food.

One very minor little benefit of working for an Indian IT services company is the food discussions. There are days I'll get off the 8:00 AM status call just utterly famished after talking about dinner plans. That's a very useful guide, but in comparison, that's almost like saying the Carolina's lowland Gullah cooking is the same a salmon smoking in the Pacific Northwest. In India & China both, there's an incredibly diverse food culture. You can ask a dozen Indian folk how to make garam masala, and you'll get 15 different recipes back. And curries themselves a very large array of food.
No one knows about the diversity of different cuisines better than me. But, sometimes you just need a place to start and this looked like a good place for that to my eyes. Since you can take this guide, try it out, then build on or subtract as one would like. I think that is all these types of guides are meant to be. Simply starting points

Example - Morocco - I have 10 different spice blend recipes and other recipes for Moroccan food with their own spice blends, like I have 52 different chicken recipes (and others of course).

Also, a lot of their spice blends and recipes call for GINGER, which is very good for us, and I like it. 🥰

Last edited:
I'm really terrible, I just use Penzey's blends and couldn't be happier.
Hi Rob, I understand. Some years ago, I used a lot of Penzey blends also. I can't remember how it happened, but I got in the mood to make some different spice blends and as they say, the rest is history.

Back