Spatchcock Chicken/Sausage on the WSM 14.5

Vaughan

TVWBB Member
My latest WSM smoke. I used Weber's Kick'n Chicken Seasoning. The wood was a 50/50 mix of apple and mesquite. Ran the WSM at 270 degrees. As said before, the WSM is an amazing smoker when it comes temp control. Once up to temp it ran the entire cook at 270 degrees with no adjustment needed. The only "mod" I have made is the addition of a Big Green Egg medium stainless basket which works great. The meal was BBQ sandwiches, slaw, scalloped potatoes with cheese, collard greens, pepper vinegar, and Sweet Baby Rays.

Thanks for looking.

Vaughan

Attachments

• WSMChick1.JPG
    WSMChick1.JPG
    276 KB · Views: 25
  • WSMChick3.jpg
    WSMChick3.jpg
    641.9 KB · Views: 25
  • WSMChick.JPG
    WSMChick.JPG
    297.1 KB · Views: 25
My latest WSM smoke. I used Weber's Kick'n Chicken Seasoning. The wood was a 50/50 mix of apple and mesquite. Ran the WSM at 270 degrees. As said before, the WSM is an amazing smoker when it comes temp control. Once up to temp it ran the entire cook at 270 degrees with no adjustment needed. The only "mod" I have made is the addition of a Big Green Egg medium stainless basket which works great. The meal was BBQ sandwiches, slaw, scalloped potatoes with cheese, collard greens, pepper vinegar, and Sweet Baby Rays.

Thanks for looking.

Vaughan
Hi Vaughan, what have you used instead of the water pan? Just foil over the basket?

Thanks for looking.

Vaughan
Heck of a spread 🤤

Back