Spare Ribs

BEWarre

TVWBB Fan
I ran by walmart this weekend and found ribs and brisket under two bucks a pound so I bought a pack of each.
Did the ribs up this weekend and will try the brisket another time.

I rubbed with mustard and suckelbusters hog waller the night before after triming them up and put them in the fridge overnight.
th_PR5_zpsf58c298a.jpg

Woke up Sunday morning and got the WSM up to temp around 10am. Got it to sit at around 235 ish all day.
th_PR4_zps81735cbc.jpg

Here is a pic about a hour and a half in when I sprayed with apple juice.
bth_PR6_zps4958800c.jpg

Here they are after 2hrs in foil
bth_PR3_zpseca94838.jpg

And this is the final product after another 30 minutes on the smoker to firm them up.
bth_PR2_zps17cecef6.jpg

And this is your plate with some corn on the cob and my 9yr old son did a soy sauce rice he likes to make.
bth_PR1_zps07f2b97e.jpg

These turned out really good. I got the heat/sweet ratio down good enough that even the kiddos liked them.

Thanks for looking.
Bobby

I ran by walmart this weekend and found ribs and brisket under two bucks a pound so I bought a pack of each.

And this is your plate with some corn on the cob and my 9yr old son did a soy sauce rice he likes to make.
bth_PR1_zps07f2b97e.jpg

Bobby

if that's my plate I say thank you and may I have a little more of that rice please?

Your ribs look great! As much as I like a nice rack of St Luis style ribs it is hard to beat a great rack of spares,

Back