Spare rib dinner pics

j. pavone

TVWBB Super Fan
2 racks of apple smoked spares dusted with full throttle hog rub - 1 sauced with sweet baby rays and the other with wegmans tropical bbq sauce,C.O.B,mac salad and corn bread. Strawberry pie for dessert. Enjoy
spareribs003.jpg

spareribs004.jpg

spareribs008.jpg

spareribs010.jpg

spareribs011.jpg

spareribs012.jpg

spareribs013.jpg

spareribs015.jpg

J, I'm gonna have to stop looking at your posts......I have to lower my cholesterol and your pic's now make me want to cook some ribs!!!! VERY NICE bones you have there!!!

Nice ribs, and I like the corn, too. I think corn on the cob is the perfect side for ribs.
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Jay that was really good, i didn't mix it with anything. The kids liked it too - amy wasn't into it,she said it was too spicy. Looking like a sweet day today - what ya going to cook?

Shoot! Now I gotta go to the store to pick up some ribs to go with the butts I'm smoking today - those look FANTASTIC!

Pat

After looking at those pictures, I feel completely unworthy to cook ribs.
icon_frown.gif

Luckily I have thick skin and will bounce back!
Beautiful pics!!

Very nice, may I make some observations from a competition standpoint? Please forgive me but they do look that good - better than backyard.
- You used a silicon brush to apply the sauce. You might want to thin your sauce down a little or use a different brush.
- Color - what wood did you use? I'm not seeing a much bbq color. I cannot jump through enough hoops to say "cherry wood" - give it a try, you might not be sorry.
- Finally, may I ask about the tenderness - how did the meat bite from the bone? I can see it's not falling off (good), but did it bite off clean?
Nice work dude

I like my sauce a little thicker than most people. At home i use what i have to apply sauce whether its a spoon or fork or in this case a clean silicon brush. 2 fist sized pieces of apple wood. I use a very thin razor sharp knife like the one you would use when slicing tomatoes. These were by far the best cooked spare ribs i have done. The bones did not slid out so they were not overcooked and mushy. They were very tender when biting and melted in my mouth like cotton candy.

Back