Sourwood Honey.

Chuck Dugas

TVWBB Pro
Has anyone recently ordered from Norton"s Nut & Honey Farm? I placed an order Sept 16,and still have not received my order. I have sent many E-Mails and called many times with no results.His phone is filled up (336-342-4490). He has not called me back yet. Does anyone have any info. on this business?
Thanks for any help,
Chuck.

Chuck,

I have never ordered from Norton's. I get my Sourwood Honey from Lee's Bees in Mebane, NC. His address is 1818 Saddle Club Road, Mebane, NC 27302 and his phone number is 919-304-3669. Jeffrey Lee is the owner and you can find his honey in stores around Mebane like Clay Street Market in downtown Mebane.

I bought a 16 oz bottle for $7.95 at Clay Street Market. The honey is wonderful.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck Dugas:
Thanks Paul for the info.I think Norton's is out of business.I'll order from Lee's.
Thanks again.
Chuck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
While I really like Sourwood Chuck, don't forget a jar of Tupelo.
icon_wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Paul Newton:
Chuck,

I have never ordered from Norton's. I get my Sourwood Honey from Lee's Bees in Mebane, NC. His address is 1818 Saddle Club Road, Mebane, NC 27302 and his phone number is 919-304-3669. Jeffrey Lee is the owner and you can find his honey in stores around Mebane like Clay Street Market in downtown Mebane.

I bought a 16 oz bottle for $7.95 at Clay Street Market. The honey is wonderful. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paul,
Thanks for that reply. I live in Mebane and didnt know about this ! I will drop by CSM and pick up a jar.

Rick

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">While I really like Sourwood Chuck, don't forget a jar of Tupelo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OK Not to sound stupid...but what is Tupelo? How,when,where,why would I use it?
Thanks Chuck.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chuck Dugas:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">While I really like Sourwood Chuck, don't forget a jar of Tupelo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
OK Not to sound stupid...but what is Tupelo? How,when,where,why would I use it?
Thanks Chuck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Here's a link for you. About Tupelo honey.

Thanks for the tip Bryan.If you had to choose one over the other,which would you choose?sourwood or tupelo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Oh boy! tuff one Chuck. I'd say while I really like them both, If I had too choose just one, It'd be the Tupelo, It's my favorite honey, with Raspberry Flower a very close second, followed by Sourwood, then Orange Blossom. HTH and I didn't mess you up.
icon_biggrin.gif

I get all my Honey here, it's only about 1.5 miles from my house. Dutch Gold Honey

Well Bryan I took your advise,and ordered a 1 lb jar of Tupelo honey($23.00). I told the wife it's a Christmas present for us.and so was the DiqII and the groments and the power converter.She said I wish Christmas was over!!!LOL.
Thanks again, you have to be one of the nicest guys on this site.and most helpful.
Chuck.

Well Bryan I took your advise,and ordered a 1 lb jar of Tupelo honey($23.00). I told the wife it's a Christmas present for us.and so was the DiqII and the groments and the power converter.She said I wish Christmas was over!!!LOL.
Thanks again, you have to be one of the nicest guys on this site.and most helpful.
Chuck. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Chuck, hope you like it.
icon_smile.gif
Email me, my addy is in my profile.

We are fortunate to have a ready supply of Sourwood honey from either the farmers market or from the local BiLo grocery stores. It really is worth the premium that you pay over clover honey if you are using it in something that highlights the honey - if using it in a barbeque sauce or some other mixture I would save the money and go for the cheaper product.

I am intrigues by the Tupelo honey, but it must cost about 2x or 3x what the sourwood sets me back...I will remember it though if I see it sometime on a store shelf.

Chuck--I think you will enjoy the Tupelo honey from the Lainiers, located in what we call "Wewa", a small town about 50 miles from me on the Apalachicola River. I believe that area is one of the few places that the Tupelo tree is found. I hope you saw the note on their site about them assisting in the filming of "Ulee's Gold". Just thought you might find it interesting.

Thank goodness we can find Tupelo honey in some of the area grocery stores!

Pete and Tom.
Thanks for the opinions. I did read about the filming,it was very interesting.They seem like a nice family to do business with.

Back