Source for drip pan holders

I bought one of these earlier this month and have it installed on my 2005 Silver B Premium

The Uniflasy version nothing special to write home about. The drip tray that it comes with is thinner than the Weber original, and I have some reservations about how long the drip tray holder itself will last compared to the Weber original. I usually replace the holder and the tray with Weber version (7515) that usually sells for $20-22 shipped on the grills I flip. Now that I've seen the Uniflasy in person, I'm going to keep using the Weber version.

They also sell that part number at Lowe's ship to store for $19.99 if anyone is looking for all black and they can wait 5 or 6 days.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Weber-Catc...MIkYfYqJXc3QIVD4JpCh2rlAfOEAQYBCABEgJSufD_BwE

Brian,
That's the problem-

Most vendors show the old picture of the original Porcelain coated steel pan which Weber hasn't made in over a decade. The new #7515 is a Aluminum pan, non Porcelain coated.

Jeff

Brian,
That's the problem-

Most vendors show the old picture of the original Porcelain coated steel pan which Weber hasn't made in over a decade. The new #7515 is a Aluminum pan, non Porcelain coated.

Jeff

I just assumed they were not Porcelain if I understand what your saying is that even if its aluminum its not going to be black like the picture?

My first restore had some rust on those but I rubbed them down and took a paint brush with some engine enamel to put on the rust. The second one is in better shape just needs a few touch up spots.

I always use the foil liners so you really don't see much of that tray anyway. I can see where it might bug someone to have them all aluminum which as I said to Jon would think just spraying them with the caliper paint may give you the look you want.

Personally I would have had no problems if they needed to be replaced with the ones Bruce found.

Jon, not sure why you could not use some high heat caliper paint for those aluminum trays that 900 degree stuff I used on my lid end caps and the firebox sides is pretty gloss seems to spay on quite thick so you need to be a little careful when spraying.

Brian,

I agree and plan to try that. When my fall tax season is over hopefully I can post a comparison of these Uniflasy with an old Weber one restored using the gloss black caliper paint.

Brian,
That's the problem-

Jeff

Yep, and good luck finding any of the original kind. They are out there, but not very many. And, like you note, you need to be SURE you are getting the OLD porcelain plated steel if that is the look (and quality) you are after. I have noticed that the newer aluminum ones are so thin that the poorly cared for ones I have acquired have holes making them look like they are turning into Swiss cheese!

Yep, and good luck finding any of the original kind. They are out there, but not very many.

Jon,
They are out there, just gotta find 'em as evident by my latest finds-

qHE8cw9.jpg

Jeff

Jeff,

Great score there! I guess I need to keep my eyes open, but with my foray into aftermarket, I think I am set for a while.

Did a really quick scan on eBay. A couple listings, but you can't be sure. One is asking over $42 a piece:eek:!

Jon

Last edited:
Received my first Uniflasys Drip Pan

Hey everyone, I received ONE of the three drip pans I ordered. For whatever reason, the other two show arriving late next week.

First impressions:

This is definitely NOT the quality of the original Weber porcelain black sets. (Looks like you would have to pay at least $28 for one of those if available.) I did appreciate that it was well and safely packaged. The pan is thin. Not porcelain at all. It is pretty much done similarly to my idea of painting an old one black. I hope they used high-heat paint. The paint job isn't the best:

20kypds.jpg

The bracket seems OK to me. Not as thick as an original to be sure. But you don't have to spend a lot of effort on rust removal and repainting, either:). Paint job on this part is better:

ba1e1.jpg

So, for a bargain price, you get a decent looking, easy solution on a flip grill that will make your grill that much "newer" looking. When I am done with taxes, I do plan to try restoring some of my rusty old originals, painting a few of the poorer looking aluminum pans and then doing a comparison photo shoot that I will share.

So, I am happy. But I am glad I had an original porcelain pan set for my own Skyline.:blackgenesis1000:

Thanks for your review Jon. I figured for the asking price they'd be along the economy side.

Jeff

I would buy one just for a shiny new bracket.

My redhead 1000 doesn't need anything other than a nice new bracket - the pan isn't perfect, but is good enough to use for a long time.

Yah, that is what I need them for mostly is the braket. I have a few pans laying around. But, even a cheap NEW drip pan will look nice on the rehabs. If you change out the disposable inserts, the actual drip pan doesn't need to be built like a cast iron pan.

I receive my drip pans today. I will agree with the previous review in that they are slightly lower quality than OEM. But over all I think they're a good value for rehab grills. They will certainly save a lot of hassle cleaning up the old ones and removing the rust Is possible at all

;)
That’s a good one Brian! If the price jumps again, it won’t be my fault. I have enough to outfit my lined up projects for quite some time. I just dream of clearing out enough to be able to accurately inventory what I do have:eek:...

Back