soundbars

Scott M.

TVWBB Fan
I have a big 5.1 system in my man cave in the finished third floor. I want to upgrade the main floor living room tv. My far better half does not want all of the speakers and paraphernalia to come downstairs. Have any of you used a yamaha yas 203?

My kids gave me the Bose Solo 15 Series II because like you, my better half didn't want a bunch of speakers all over the place. Very clear sound with fantastic affects. Kinda pricey at $400 (I don't know what my kids were thinking) but I have to admit, I love it considering it's a one speaker system. I think Best Buy sells them, if there's one near you, give it a test drive

https://www.bose.com/products/speak...?mc=K3073356&gclid=CN-4q8mLz8oCFUhcfgod_JIL4A

Have you taken a look or listen to a Sonos Playbar? If I was in the market for a sound bar that would be it. It is more expensive than the Yamaha your looking at but they sound great. Being you know what a 5.1 sounds like you can later on down the road buy the 2 pack of Play 1 speakers and use them as wireless surround speakers with the PlayBar. I got my wife a Play1 for Christmas and it is really nice sounding for only having one speaker. I was surprised by how low it played. Its in the bed room and I think I need to get a second one to set them up as a wireless stereo pair.

What you really need up there is some old Klipsch Cornwall speakers driven by a good old McIntosh or Sherwood tube amplifier.
Guaranteed, no soundbar or subs will be needed.:) If that alienates the neighbors, Sennheiser headphones would be the next stop.

Back