Sometimes it's your turn...

AlexDurso

TVWBB Member
Some very nice person posted a free Ranch Kettle on craigslist earlier today and I responded about 20 minutes after it was posted. The guy just called me and I made plans to pick it up. He has owned it for about 25 or 30 years. He didn't post any pics so it could be a total disaster. I hoping it is in good shape. I'll post some pics after I pick it up.

Wow that’s great. Hope it is decent condition for you. Speaking from a ranch owner I can tell you they are well built so unless it was crushed by a truck you should be able to make it functional with some elbow grease. Hopefully the grates are in usable shape since the cooking grate alone is 280 bucks from Weber. The ranch is a lot of fun to cook on. Takes a bit to figure out but really follows most of the same principles of a standard kettle. The daisy wheel bottom vents are the main difference. Post the pictures when you get it.

The daisy wheel bottom vents are the main difference.
For those of us old enough to remember (still) all of the kettles, all sizes, and WSMs had the daisy wheel adjustments before that new-fangled OneTouch System came about. Much better control, and you learned to set it correctly quickly lest you burn your fingerprints off.

I miss those days....

Now get off my lawn.

Well..I have it all loaded up. Hard to tell exactly because it’s dark but everything seems great. I’ll take some better pics tomorrow in the daylight.
E27755AA-A31A-4129-A0D6-45ECD2BEC49E.jpeg

For those of us old enough to remember (still) all of the kettles, all sizes, and WSMs had the daisy wheel adjustments before that new-fangled OneTouch System came about. Much better control, and you learned to set it correctly quickly lest you burn your fingerprints off.

I miss those days....

Now get off my lawn.
I have about 15 daisy wheel kettles. Lol

Back