Someone needs to grab this

Pretty beat up, but for $25 it's hard to argue and would still be a very worthwhile starting point. The "frame" he refers to the doors resting on is, as most of you know, nothing more than a painted steel bottom that has been fabricated to have ends shaped like a frame. First thing is to junk that and replace it with two stainless horizontal frame bars like older Webers already came with. Easy to then make it into an open cart grill.

If you want to salvage having cabinetry (I am TRYING to do this myself) than you have a way tougher row to hoe. I just wish we could all come up with a way to get stainless or even aluminum replacement parts for the cabinet sides and back and perhaps a drop-in tray for the bottom. With this you would have an almost bullet-proof classic Genesis worthy of the names Weber and "Platinum."

$25????? That is a no-brainer for anyone wanting to rehab grill(s). The frame is worth that easy and the shelves are hard to find as well. I am anxious to get started on my SS Platinum rehab and the new SS frame pieces just arrived today in the mail from Jon T, so I am all set.

Thanks Jon.

The hood is the worst part if you like the SS look any replacement would likely be black. Then again a red head or blue head would look good on there.

I am OK for my own use with the ugly inside of the Platinum stainless hood heat shield. At least it doesn't get sheets of carbon peeling off it:p. For a flip grill, it is a tougher call. Tear it out and risk "blue" stainless or leave it in and detract from an otherwise well-restored grill.:confused:

Yah, I am dealing with that issue now Jon on my latest Platinum. I had it up for 5 days and only one bite. He tried to way low ball me and I declined. He came back with my lowest offer and said he would think about it. Then I went on my trip and took it down. I think if I had a porcelain hood that was cleaned up nice, it might have sold. I have a Silver B coming up soon and will put both grills up at once and see how a "choice" works out.

Back