Some spare ribs

Andy Kaminski

TVWBB All-Star
I’m hanging a rack of ribs and a Polska Kielbasa in the Weber today.
This is for the most part just a test run because my daughter wants me to bring some ribs to her Super Bowl party so I kinda wanna be dialed in using the new smoker.

I‘ve seen several YouTube cooks where the ribs dropped so I went with the double hook method.
I saw a Kielbasa at the store today and thought smoking it and sticking toothpicks in it would make it a great side dish so I’m testing that idea out as well.

I added a new lid handle to the smoker yesterday because the noname hinge wasn’t comfortable to use with just the upper handle.
I got it for $18 on Amazon.
It’s well made and I like it.IMG_4331.jpegIMG_4333.jpeg

I’m hanging a rack of ribs and a Polska Kielbasa in the Weber today.
This is for the most part just a test run because my daughter wants me to bring some ribs to her Super Bowl party so I kinda wanna be dialed in using the new smoker.

I‘ve seen several YouTube cooks where the ribs dropped so I went with the double hook method.
I saw a Kielbasa at the store today and thought smoking it and sticking toothpicks in it would make it a great side dish so I’m testing that idea out as well.

I added a new lid handle to the smoker yesterday because the noname hinge wasn’t comfortable to use with just the upper handle.
I got it for $18 on Amazon.
It’s well made and I like it.View attachment 86013View attachment 86014
Nice set up!

This was a good meal.
The Weber and hanger system worked great.

The smoked kielbasa was better than expected.
It was juicy and tasted great with a dab of dijon mustard.
It worked great as tonight’s appie since it didn’t take all that long to cook.
I will add this to my bag of tricks.

I used my usual rub ingredients and also added a few shakes of a store bought cherry cola rub that just sounded too good not to try.

The ribs were served with potato salad and artichoke.

Attachments

• IMG_4361.jpeg
    IMG_4361.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4360.jpeg
    IMG_4360.jpeg
    171.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4359.jpeg
    IMG_4359.jpeg
    208.8 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4358.jpeg
    IMG_4358.jpeg
    159.8 KB · Views: 18
Looks really good..........
I starved myself for 24 hours over the weekend previous to my big steak cook........
Everything looks delicious times ten..........
I love a smoked sausage in particular........especially when cooked so slow that the skin doesn't break and you get to keep all that massive amount of fat in the casing......juicy is an understatement.

Those look awesome! There will be some very happy people at the Super Bowl party!

Daisy chaining the hooks is a good idea. I have a Pit Barrel cooker; I've never lost a rack of ribs but I did once lose a pork shoulder.

Back