Some good news regarding vacuum sealer bag rolls.

Brian Thomas

TVWBB Pro
They have dropped in price!

A couple months ago, a 4-pack of the 11"x25' vacuum sealer bag rolls was $30+. I checked on Amazon yesterday and the price is now $20. So that's good to see.

Anyway just thought i'd pass this on in case anyone is running low.

<shrug> WebstaurantStore.com carries 11.5" x 50' full mesh rolls, qty 4, for $8.49. Granted, you still have shipping. Yes, I know.... a 50' roll may not fit in your machine. WebstaurantStore.com's premade bags are cheap enough that the only time I use rolls are for big items.

Not sure if you guys have noticed but I bought a 4 pack of rolls (ziplock) brand at Menards a while back and they are much thicker than the food saver brand. Just an FYI What brand are you guys buying? Ever get freezer burn on long term storage with any of these bags?

Last edited:
As long as I don't puncture the material with bone points or other sharp edges (or by dropping the sealed bag...,) I don't have any issues with freezer burn. You do want good bags, but thicker isn't necessarily better if your sealer can't make a good seal with it. I also prefer full mesh bags vs. bags with a center strip of mesh, I generally get a better vacuum.

Back