Some chicken breasts, and twin tri-tips

Steve P. (Timmee)

TVWBB Member
So, I've got a couple of cooks to post here. The chicken breasts were cooked last week for my mom, sister, and I. The 45 minute travel time to my mom's house didn't do the chicken any favors, but it was still good. The tri-tips were cooked for my father's birthday, and they handled the trip to my father's house much better. Anyways, onto the pictures.

Chicken just put on the grill.
LgMr16.jpg

Sauced, at 130 degrees.
XVmX1D.jpg

On the platter, after it arrived at my mom's house.
MBa6l8.jpg

Tri-tip over the coals, trying to get a little char.
zluOwf.jpg

And moved off the coals, with the temperature probe inserted.
4QFryT.jpg

At my father's house, sliced.
BcHNgT.jpg

A (slightly) closer pic. If I had to guess, the tri-tip is closer to medium than medium rare.
u95Meu.jpg

No plated pics for either meal, the side dishes were rather uninspired. Anyway, thoughts, comments, suggestions?

Nice looking tri-tip. I can't find that in my neck of the woods and have never tried one :(.

I actually found the tri-tips at the local Walmart Supercenter. There's a nearby store that I might have been able to get them from as well (they do custom cuts), but with work this week it would have been hit or miss whether I could have gotten there before the meat cutters went home.

Thanks for the compliments, tri-tip has quickly become one of my favorite cuts to cook (and eat :) ), so I'm definitely looking forward to the next one.

Back