Smoking in the storm.......

DubfromGA

TVWBB Fan
Really fortunate to have some decent weather to smoke in considering Irma is heading into my state now.

Smoking with a heavy heart, too, in remembrance of the souls lost on September 11th and those who've given their lives in pursuit of the cowardly scum who perpetrated the attacks on our country.

Worked yesterday, home late evening and fell asleep early. Was up at 3:45am and soon sipping coffee and watching the storm coverage.

Around 8:00am I couldn't stand waiting any longer and transitioned off coffee and fired up the coals with a grill setup on the lee side of the house. Turned out to be a mighty convenient location, too.

KBB in the side boxes and topped off with hardwood pellets & cherry chunks.

Gonna run the butt with both boxes. I'll only reload one of them and then go with a wider offset and add a pair of baby back slabs.

Going to have a relaxing day playing with this grill and staying dry. Much to be grateful for. Stay safe, folks.

Thanks, all.

It would seem that some 'round here aren't patient for 6:eek:opm bbq.

Son was getting hongry now.

Cheeseburger provided for him. I'm still waiting on pulled pork & ribs.

Food looks really good. My daughter lives in Covington, When she called this morning she said it's windy and pouring rain. Enjoy the chow, stay safe and dry.

Chris.

Food looks really good. My daughter lives in Covington, When she called this morning she said it's windy and pouring rain. Enjoy the chow, stay safe and dry.

Chris.

Windy & pouring rain is the status here, too.

Adjusted top vent to get things more hospitable for the ribs.

A few more coals and some pellets for the one coal box I'm gonna run for the rest of this cook.

Smoke train rolling again with the ribs aboard.

Looks like a great start, like the way you're doing a double cook on the kettle. I can tell it's not your first rodeo ;)

Looks like a great start, like the way you're doing a double cook on the kettle. I can tell it's not your first rodeo ;)

Thanks.

Grew up in Eastern NC. 30 years of hurricane seasons.....local area has it good.

Oddly....not my first time smoking on a Weber kettle in a hurricane, either, lol.

Just flipped the ribs and dodged some flying limb debris.

I don't know what's more impressive, that dual cook or that you kettle is clean :)

Some real nice BBQ

Where there's a will, there's a way. & you're here to tell us. Good job! I'm sure you ate good today.

That last photo tells me without a doubt it was well worth the wait. Nice little "fill in" snack you made for your son too. Did he still manage some ribs and pulled pork a little later on?

Back