Smoker accessories

Eric G

TVWBB Fan
Well I was cleaning out and organizing the smoker accessories and it got to me, "Man do I have allot of stuff". I was trying to organize the rib racks, the chicken stands, and the roast rack. These items just don't lend themselves to be being stored orderly.So I ask all of you what do you guys use or how do you store these items other than the pile of stainless steal that they currently are residing in?

I have a "barbecue" shelf in the basement that holds all of the stuff you mentioned. I have a rubbermaid storage trunk that contains all of the racks and stands and utensils that work themselves into a tangled mess; kind of like those horse shoe puzzles that supposedly you can get to come apart.

I use hoard-ganizing......you know through it all around and then scramble like a loonatic just before an unplanned drunken smoke session of what ever you could dream of in the fridge to whip on the smoker.All while blaming your wife for MOVING your stuff from where it was!

Just kidding.......I also have a shelf and tubs and bags and boxes and maybe I do have a Problem?

I have a 6ft cabinet that has my most important items. The others are in various cupboards, closets, and the garage. Like most of you, there is never enough space for all the items that are needed.

Mike

A cupboard above the fridge (it's big) dedicated to BBQ equipment. That way it's all in one place and I don't have to hunt for something.

And if I can't find something, I can't blame the wife because it's "my" stuff and I'm responsible for it. Have to keep the peace you know
icon_wink.gif

I have 2 Rubbermaid organizers. One holds most of my stuff, the other holds my traveling gear. When I'm spending the weekend somewhere, I just grab the traveling organizer and my Smokey Joe. Pans, rib racks, and other barbecue things that can also be used in the kitchen are stored on a shelf in the garage.

I have a lifetime brand 6' deck box it hold my smoke wood (6) 23lb bags briquettes and three bags lump plus rolls of foil tongs,chimney,gloves etc its been water tite so far and isnt to much of an eyesore for a plastic box.

I need to get organized one of these days. I have stuff in the basement, garage, pantry, kitchen cabinetsand drawers, and probably if I looked ... Under my bed - I don't know why, but there's a disposable aluminum pan on my dresser.
Only things that I for sure where they're at are my grills, smokers, charcoal, and wood.

I have a large Rubbermaid storage box, bought on sale @ Wal-Mart after Christmas for less than $5. This keeps all the tangly pieces in a semi-organized bunch, but at least they are in one place.

I also have two flatter storage boxes that I use for competition stuff, so depending on where I am going to cook, I will grab the appropriate box or all three as necessary. Also bought a couple of shoebox sized storage boxes for thermometers, Thermapen, lighters and small stuff that can easily get lost or broken. Those go inside one of the larger boxes so they don't get left @ home.
icon_frown.gif

I did have two plastic drawer units under the "wings" of my gasser. Kept everything in there semi organized.
But after a VERY wet spring,I discovered that the grill cover wasn't all the way down in back and all the drawers were full of water! Not good for electronics and non stainless stuff!
So I invested in a pretty big tool box. I keep all my stuff in there and it goes behind a door in my grill garden.

Don't laugh, I store my BBQ stuff in an oven... We have a second kitchen in the basement of our bungalow, the oven is unplugged. I keep my wood chunks and rib rack in the oven, and the rest of my accessories in the pot holder below. The rest of the kitchen cupboards are filled with various kitchen gadgets and extra pots and such, and I use this kitchen for my sausage making. The fridge is used for beer and any meats I happen to be curing and the freezer is split between regular overflow and BBQ meats (cooked and waiting). Works out great for me, and extra bonus is it is the closest room to the door outside. My outdoor only stuff is kept in a shed near the bbqs.

I have a Suncast deck seat, like a bench only smaller, full of assorted racks and pans. And a 30" cabinet that I reserved when we added a new run of kitchen cabinets. That's mostly wood chips in old 3# coffee cans and rubs. And some other assorted stuff on shelves in the basement, including what's left of my 20-some bag Stubbs score. So, organized but all over the place.

I use 3 el-cheapo plastic bins stacked up inside my garage. The biggest is for opened bags of charcoal, wood chips. The next is for the horshoe puzzle of the metal racks, stands etc. that Ken mentioned. The last has foil, starter cubes, some tongs, along with a few smaller shoebox-sized plastic boxes, each with small stuff: therms, or skewers, lighters, butcher twine, 5x8 cards for ash pick-up. Not perfect, but at least I know which bin probably has what I'm looking for.

A Suncast deck box holds my charcoal chimney and the currently open bag of charcoal plus a few other odds and ends; my Stoker is in a box in a closet; unopened bags of charcoal plus rib racks and chicken stands are in the garage; the king-size spatula for picking up cooked butts is in a kitchen cabinet; my vast collection of electronic thermometers is in yet another cabinet. And my nickname on most other online sites is Dsorgnzd.

I use a deck box to store all my smoke woods and charcoal.
Then I have my smoker in a "House" and the left hand of it is dedicated to a work top and underneath I have storage for all my goodies.

2df0826f.jpg

It's sad, but I have added more crap to this small shed since taking this pic last year. Works great, keeps the weather out.

Back