Smokefire Pork Tenderloin

C Lewis

Closed Account
Fired up some bacon wrapped pork tenderloin medallions tonight on the Smokefire, along with some corn on the cob. Very simple dish that I normally do on the Performer, I put the Grill Grates in the Smokefire and made it work. Ran at 450, about 5 min each side to an internal temp of 140. Corn was on for about 15 min, only rubbed it down with salt, pepper, and butter. I love butter, but no need to add any after this cook, as it is very sweet and has an awesome flavor. I normally do corn at 400F, but it worked fine at the 450F needed for the pork, I just ran it on the "cool side"
20210613_173811[1].jpg
Pork was on for about 5 min per side, until reaching 140F IT.
20210613_174726[1].jpg
Great Sunday meal with the family, easy to make and tasty, and reheats real well. For those that are considering the Smokefire, I have had my Gen2 EX6 for 2 1/2 months now, and this is meal 43, and not one problem so far.
20210613_175421[1].jpg

Thanks for looking.

Charlie

Last edited:
Thanks to all for the kind words. This is one of our go-to recipes when we have a small group over, as the prep time is literally 10 minutes if I take my time, and as previously stated, only takes about 10 minutes to cook. Brushed with olive oil, and sprinkled with Adobo seasoning, wrapped in bacon, and secured with a toothpick. Always comes out very flavorful and juicy, and even reheats very well. For whatever reason, the bacon seems to crisp up a bit more in the Smokefire, I'm thinking because of the fan blowing around the heat, as opposed to the Performer where I have to flip over the Grill Grates to the griddle, and roll the medallions on their sides to get the bacon crisp. It will also work well on cast iron grates, as that is what I used to have in a Komado, but I went to the Grill Grates, as they are lighter, more versatile, and easier to maintain.

Thanks again.

Charlie

But.... You said you put the corn on the cool side. You have Grill Grates on the right. Doesn't that push all of the air to the left side and now make it the hot side?

But.... You said you put the corn on the cool side. You have Grill Grates on the right. Doesn't that push all of the air to the left side and now make it the hot side?
Hmmm, I don't know, makes sense what you say though. I call the left the cool side, as that is what myself and most others have found. Good point though, maybe whatever is on the grates can deflect the heat over? Still seemed to be a little cooler on the left though, as I had to move the corn to the right/center at the very end to get just a hint of browning. Probably didn't need to, but it just seems like anything on the grill should have at least a touch of browning. :)

I have started using a large oven drip pan as a heat deflector. I push it tight against the back making only a thin strip at the front and both ends as the points where hot air comes up. I think this also stabilizes the temps but I am still experimenting.

Thanks for the great idea, I’m going to try that.
You just slice the tenderloin and wrap in bacon? Seems easy enough. Family loves tenderloin.

Thanks for the great idea, I’m going to try that.
You just slice the tenderloin and wrap in bacon? Seems easy enough. Family loves tenderloin.
Yep, just sliced into about 1.5" thick or so pieces. Basically the width of a piece of bacon. Regular bacon, not thick cut. Lightly brush with olive oil, sprinkle both sides with Adobo seasoning, (all purpose w/pepper, but any seasoning should be fine), wrap with one piece of bacon, and toothpick to secure. 4-5 minutes on each side on high heat, pulled at 140-150F. I did these on regular grates one time, and they didn't come out quite as good, I think that you need the cast iron or Grill Grates to get the high heat, but I may not have had the regular grates hot enough at the time.

Charlie

Back