Smokefire new Firmware & Software update

Don D.

TVWBB Fan
Update for the Firmware and Software are out . Version 04088 for Controller and 1.6_5469 for Software. Both updates went smoothly..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220607-174211_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220607-174211_Samsung Internet.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 20220607_173711.jpg
    20220607_173711.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 13
Thanks for the heads up, had a couple weird issues pop up with set point temps and lower than stated heat, looking forward trying this new one out.

Thanks for the heads up, had a couple weird issues pop up with set point temps and lower than stated heat, looking forward trying this new one out.
I also had issues. Set temp and then my SF took it 200 degrees higher on it's own... But then I shut it down, did an overnight cook and it was flawless...

I’m on whatever version it came with last November. Although I’m interested in temp during Smokeboost as I use it fairly frequently and wonder why it doesn’t give temp. Could still have the Smokeboost logo with temp if they wanted.

I'm glad they've improved the SmokeBoost because I've yet to get it to work, LOL

I'm glad they've improved the SmokeBoost because I've yet to get it to work, LOL
IMO, the SmokeBoost is more about advertising and marketing.
It tries, to the best of it’s abilities, to hold a lower temp based on ambient outdoor temp and pellet quality. Thus keeping your food in the smoke a wee bit longer.
Being able to SmokeBoost at 185 compared to dialing in 205 has little effect on flavor or quality. As others have mentioned all the time, If more smoke is needed, adding a cheap pellet tube is the way to go. So if your only past issues have been SB related you are golden.
6D27FC5E-AB60-4931-93B8-2C86D9C5A75D.jpeg

I would have to disagree with Darian, at least as far as my tastebuds are concerned, Smokeboost produces a MUCH deeper/rich smoke flavor than just a base of 205 or so. I’ve also tried those smoke tubes and have been completely unsuccessful with them.

Of course, different tastes for different people.

Back