SmokeFire’s back on sale! 🔥

Dude, Weber is a little late to the dance with their pellet grill. Weber has great brand recognition, but I wouldn't be counting on the SmokeFire to make your stock price go up.

Dude, Weber is a little late to the dance with their pellet grill. Weber has great brand recognition, but I wouldn't be counting on the SmokeFire to make your stock price go up.
Not at all relying on SF to move any stock. Weber does quite well in its other verticals. That’s what I bought. And I personally wouldn’t buy a SF. It’s not how I like to cook. Specifically, my comments were as to why the SF is on continuous discount.

Last edited:
I do pretty much want to, but if I don't get a lot of other stuff done and at least a couple grills sold, it isn't going to happen. I am glad for the extension, though!

I wonder if the extra time means that sales still aren't meeting expectations or whether they are doing well and they don't want them to stall out. At this point, Weber needs market penetration in the pellet grill market. I still take note that my local Ace carries quite a bit of Weber grills and supplies for a small, rural store. But, no SmokeFires to be seen in an entire year. Plenty of Traegers, though.:unsure:
I don't think its just small town Ace stores that don't carry it mine does not and they have a good selection not great of Weber Grills but they also carry a few Traeger models. Really would make no sense to carry another pellet grill brand why deal with the inventory issues and the cost of that inventory. As I have stated before my Lowes does not even carry the SmokeFire in stock not one has been on the floor all year for anybody to see. I guess they are all in on the Pit Boss grills.those they stock and you can see one in my store anyway.

In regards to market penetration I doubt its lack of trying but the store buyers made their decisions many months ago. Come February might be their last chance to convince those buyers to stock them for next season this one is done.

Yep, I think you are spot on, Brian. I will say that my nearest Lowes has been carrying both EX-4 and EX-6 SmokeFires. For a while they had the price wrong, but now it shows the $200 lower price.

I still think Weber should lean on other outlets like Ace and incentivize them to have a SmokeFire on display. They need all the visibility they can get.

Jon, its a funny thing about Lowes wondering because you are closer to the mother ship that is why they carry it I know there were reports from others in different parts of the county that sold it but not down here and we are a pretty large market for the grilling world the weather doesn't hurt. My Lowes did carry it the first season had 3 left in November on the floor then they were gone sent back to Weber most likely.

So I got the email that extended the sale maybe its me it does not appear they extended the 100 day return they had on the original deal or am I wrong? If that was the case and your on the fence you would be better off buying before the 7th I think that was the date and getting the 100 day return guarantee which would take you till December unless they squashed that.

You also have to remember and I am a stock market guy that September is quarter end so it makes sense to keep the price the same hopefully you sell more Smokefires between Sept 7 and the end of the month then if you had raised the price even if grilling season has kind of ended they need every unit sold that they can get before end of September. Its kind of a hedge extending it till Nov 14 as that is the middle of a quarter the last quarter you can kind of see how it goes if great keep the price the same if not move it up you can't have it dragging down margins and I really am not sure how they are going to break out their sales by product lines when they report but we will see.

Personally I think WEBR and COOK are way overvalued at the current prices but what do I know? First stop is COOK;

SALT LAKE CITY, August 25, 2021--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Traeger, Inc. ("Traeger") (NYSE: COOK), creator and category leader of the wood pellet grill, today announced that it will release its second quarter fiscal 2021 financial results after market close on Thursday, September 9, 2021. Management will host a conference call that afternoon at 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time to discuss its financial results.

WEBR has not announced yet unless I missed something.

My local Lowe's doesn't carry the SF & only carries one or two different Weber grills. My local Ace only carries Weber Jumbo Joes, a few Traeger & BGE/Kamado Joe.

I finally saw my first SF at a Lowe’s outside of my shopping area, they had both models. Even though I am not interested in a SF I was extremely impressed at their build quality.

I just continue to think that Weber got in the pellet game a wee bit late.

Looks like the 100 day return policy still stands.... If you go to Weber and click on the Smokefire in the details still shows the 100 Day !!! EX4 is out of stock. Between the Sale price and return policy, I think they're moving well

Last edited:
My local Lowe's doesn't carry the SF & only carries one or two different Weber grills. My local Ace only carries Weber Jumbo Joes, a few Traeger & BGE/Kamado Joe.

I finally saw my first SF at a Lowe’s outside of my shopping area, they had both models. Even though I am not interested in a SF I was extremely impressed at their build quality.

I just continue to think that Weber got in the pellet game a wee bit late.
I agree that it would have helped Weber if they could have launched quicker, but I give them credit for developing an innovative design rather than just rushing out a “me too” copy. The problem with that is that the design needed a lot of testing and tweaking, but Weber, I think, was feeling the pressure to get it out fast. So trying not to be even later to the party wound up costing them a bundle.

Still, it is the stylish appearance, nice build quality (for the price), and innovative features that keeps me wishing to have one of my own, despite its challenges.

I agree that it would have helped Weber if they could have launched quicker, but I give them credit for developing an innovative design rather than just rushing out a “me too” copy. The problem with that is that the design needed a lot of testing and tweaking, but Weber, I think, was feeling the pressure to get it out fast. So trying not to be even later to the party wound up costing them a bundle.

Still, it is the stylish appearance, nice build quality (for the price), and innovative features that keeps me wishing to have one of my own, despite its challenges.
Exactly! The minute I opened the the lid on EX6, I felt that it exudes quality!

I guess that depends on your definition of quality. Launch a nightmare seems they are getting things sorted out, LE Red we should not even go there about quality or whatever you want to call it, how about the Summit Kamado where they tried to use some flimsy wire rack on the bottom and less than a month later pulled them all back to basically go with what they originally had then I believe they raised the price going forward since the fix was what were on the orignal summits.

I own a Performer and a Silver C so not like I am bashing Weber without owning some of their products which I believe both are quality products. But those are facts they have not been exactly stellar in the last few product launches althought the Traveler which just came back in stock must be selling well and not heard any complaints or issues with them.

Last edited:
Weber had several hiccups with the launch of the SF, but it appears that things have settled down after some adjustments were made to the unit, the same goes for the Kamado. Bottom line they are quick to react to customer demand/problems & it they got it corrected.

As far as the LE Red kettle goes, everyone wants to bash it. Well, I waited several months to order one & maybe I was one of the lucky ones, but mine arrived in pristine condition. I couldn’t be happier to have a new red kettle.

Out of stock mostly in the UK, apart from the Weber web site, that want £1735 for an EX6. Guess I'll wait awhile. Are BBQ's cheaper out of the summer months? See a lot of Camp Fire BBQ's, are pre-order for next April!

Weber had several hiccups with the launch of the SF, but it appears that things have settled down after some adjustments were made to the unit, the same goes for the Kamado. Bottom line they are quick to react to customer demand/problems & it they got it corrected.

As far as the LE Red kettle goes, everyone wants to bash it. Well, I waited several months to order one & maybe I was one of the lucky ones, but mine arrived in pristine condition. I couldn’t be happier to have a new red kettle.
Agreed. My Red LE is perfect, yes you can see black on the leg sockets but so what. I bought it to cook on and enjoy the color...wait my GF got it for me for Christmas! And it’s churned out STELLAR food!

I don't think its just small town Ace stores that don't carry it mine does not and they have a good selection not great of Weber Grills but they also carry a few Traeger models. Really would make no sense to carry another pellet grill brand why deal with the inventory issues and the cost of that inventory. As I have stated before my Lowes does not even carry the SmokeFire in stock not one has been on the floor all year for anybody to see. I guess they are all in on the Pit Boss grills.those they stock and you can see one in my store anyway.

In regards to market penetration I doubt its lack of trying but the store buyers made their decisions many months ago. Come February might be their last chance to convince those buyers to stock them for next season this one is done.
I just bought a SmokeFire at the Lowes in Nampa, Idaho. It will be assembled and delivered this coming Friday. They had it in stock and I was told they are carried in stock your round. They have a EX6 on display and up until 2 weeks ago also had a EX4 on display. Two days ago when I bought mine, they brought it out on a cart and it was factory sealed. I could have had one delivered from Amazon in two days but I preferred to support the local employees at this Lowes since they are always very helpful. They also had the Weber cover in stock. I am assuming that the problems with the gen1 are why stock is lower now.

A couple of weeks ago they were having a "Weber Event" at the local Lowes. It was basically a Weber rep standing next to a display of products. I asked him about the Smokefire and the fact it is hard to find pellets and accessories in stores. I let him spew some marketing BS, then asked a few pointed questions about the current state of SmokeFire. He admitted the launch was a disaster in terms of perception. In addition, there were so many returns that retailers didn't want to deal with it anymore. He said he wasn't sure what the future of the SmokeFire was, but something needed to change if they were going to get market penetration.

My personal thought is that we will see a reboot. Maybe an entirely new model. Maybe a EX5, something completely different to make people forget about the perception of the launch. Maybe some part of it being redesigned. Something to distance itself from the launch. Just my thoughts.

Yes, it is really unfortunate that an innovative product was rushed out with what appears to have been inadequate testing - despite claims to the contrary. I think you may be right that the SmokeFire will join Weber’s gas kettle as a forgotten product. If that guy is right and they just can’t get retailers to carry, display and promote the SmokeFire, it may well take an altogether new product to keep Weber in the pellet grill arena. Maybe the sale is really a strategy to clear out inventory😟. It seems a shame if that turns out to be true, because based on all we have seen and heard here, the SmokeFire has a number of very positive attributes. The sale price is extremely fair when compared to the Traeger Ironwood which it greatly exceeds in my book. You have to go to Traeger’s Timberline to top the SmokeFire, and then better only in a few ways and maybe not as good in others. It costs almost twice as much.

Back