Smoked Turkey Breast

Ric in MI

Smoked a turkey breast yesterday following Chris’s directions. Came out perfect. Mine was injected with salt solution so I skipped the brine. Used salt free Kingsford all purpose seasoning. 8.57 lb breast smoked for 2 1/2 hours at 325° - 350°F to an internal temperature of 170° with cherry wood chunks for smoke. Juicy as can be.

1624284638506.jpeg
1624284711577.jpeg

Photo bombed by Scout:

1624285362632.jpeg

Looks great. I have not done one this year. Need to get on it. If I didn't know any better I would think that is my dog only about five years younger. His nose is always right there.

They’re great dogs aren’t they. He’s 4 years old and still a puppy at heart except when in the field hunting.
Looks great. I have not done one this year. Need to get on it. If I didn't know any better I would think that is my dog only about five years younger. His nose is always right there.

Smoked a turkey breast yesterday following Chris’s directions. Came out perfect. Mine was injected with salt solution so I skipped the brine. Used salt free Kingsford all purpose seasoning. 8.57 lb breast smoked for 2 1/2 hours at 325° - 350°F to an internal temperature of 170° with cherry wood chunks for smoke. Juicy as can be.

View attachment 30996
View attachment 30997

Photo bombed by Scout:

View attachment 30998
Do you have any photos of this "bird" smoking on you WSM or other type of grill?

No water in the Water Pan, how much Charcoal needed and how did you set your vents?? Nice Pics and cook!
2 Chimneys. Lit one and dumped in coal ring when ready. Dumped another chimney of coals on top of lit coals. When ashed over added three chunks of Weber cherry wood. Assembled smoker and added breast to top grate. I think I put it together too soon because my temperature pegged at the lid. I had to shut down all of the vents to about 20% open on the bottom and 50% on the top for about 10 minutes. After that the temperature at the lid stayed between 325 and 350. I didn’t check the breast for 2 1/2 hours and it had an internal temperature of 170°. I would have preferred 165° but it was still juicy.

Screen shot of what I did:

7497B723-A942-439C-A409-B6237A9E8741.png

Last edited:
Looks great! I love smoking a turkey breast. You get the great meat without worrying about the legs or wings burning before the breast is done.

Back