Smoked Pulled Chicken for BBQ Party

Randy G

TVWBB Fan
Recently smoked 4 whole chickens on the 26” with hickory using the SNS.

After an ovenirght dry brine, I stuffed the cavity with onions, lemon and garlic. Simple rub of S,P,&G. Wanted the meat and smoke to shine. 3-4 hours depending on chicken size at 225°. Came out great and moist. Pulled it and vacuum sealed. Reheated in the sous vide. At the party, used the sous vide and lexan box to keep the chicken warm! (Worked better then the sternos since the bottom didnt burn and get too hot).

Served it with Alabama White Sauce And bread and butter pickles. Gave Meathead’s white sauce recipe a try. Quite tasty but a bit too peppery for some. Served as sliders and alone.

Also, made my favorite recipe on this site! Indonesdian pork. The finished product is in the last picture.

18F7C1D1-6B36-4968-A4B6-C8E7B65F268B.jpegBBFE9D67-2A62-4E1F-A968-8E87C3F32028.jpeg4F69DA39-744B-4CF8-9224-EC83A265AA6F.jpeg8A84676A-1747-4F2F-BE1C-22FEE443A10E.jpeg0955F685-B51D-4D9F-9D48-FFAB38368672.jpeg9059D61D-5485-455C-BFF9-6455F0FE799C.jpegE8524EA5-E472-469B-B203-6EAD9BAFB7A1.jpeg1190CFA3-8DCF-4370-BA60-2E2FC4F01B5F.jpeg

Last edited:
Show the Lexan box set up, I have an idea of how you did it but, I may be mistaken.
chicken looks KILLER!
Well, D’UH! I just looked at the last picture again! I LIKE a it! Great idea, I’m stealing that for another time!!!

Show the Lexan box set up, I have an idea of how you did it but, I may be mistaken.
chicken looks KILLER!
Well, D’UH! I just looked at the last picture again! I LIKE a it! Great idea, I’m stealing that for another time!!!
Both buddies who BBQ’d for the party said, “why didnt I think of that?”
Always have to improvise when your playing a road game. I knew space would be limited so I went for it.
Im hoping to snatch another sous vide machine and box on Black Friday. I was really impressed with how well it worked.

Both buddies who BBQ’d for the party said, “why didnt I think of that?”
Always have to improvise when your playing a road game. I knew space would be limited so I went for it.
Im hoping to snatch another sous vide machine and box on Black Friday. I was really impressed with how well it worked.
Yeah, “Road gigs” are an interesting challenge, I’ve got two “kits” a large one with a whole drawer of seasonings and spices and the smaller “go bag” version. Good knives and Bayonets in both! My Sous Vide lives in an old briefcase I inherited from a very kind vet who ended up getting the call to the Priesthood. He would fine it funny that I have that and my vacuum sealer in there.

Yeah, “Road gigs” are an interesting challenge, I’ve got two “kits” a large one with a whole drawer of seasonings and spices and the smaller “go bag” version. Good knives and Bayonets in both! My Sous Vide lives in an old briefcase I inherited from a very kind vet who ended up getting the call to the Priesthood. He would fine it funny that I have that and my vacuum sealer in there.
Now that would be a fun photo posting… What does your road gig “ go bag” or your road game equipment look like?

I assume most of us aren’t pro’s so there are probably great ideas there.

Now that would be a fun photo posting… What does your road gig “ go bag” or your road game equipment look like?

I assume most of us aren’t pro’s so there are probably great ideas there.
I’ll try to remember to shoot some pix when I get them out next time. Then there is the case with less used knives but, that’s a different story.
Hardly pro but, I’m a bit less inhibited or intimidated by cooking than some people I visit, I got tired of using their dull, crappy knives. I used to just keep one in the car but, that’s a little “much”.

The sous vide bath is a great idea. I've picked up a pile of disposable chafing dish sets, these things are cheaper than I'd have thought possible. They work pretty well when I don't have power available.

The sous vide bath is a great idea. I've picked up a pile of disposable chafing dish sets, these things are cheaper than I'd have thought possible. They work pretty well when I don't have power available.
Thanks! I‘ve used those chafing dishes before and love them. Always fear the crazy little kids in my house are going to run into the table and turn the table into a Baked Alaska. Always love finding new home hacks with the existing tools I have.…like Ryobi Pepper Mill!

Back