Smoked Mash Potatoes and Brisket

Mike Coffman

TVWBB Olympian
I picked up a 7 lb. Angus Beef Brisket from the local butcher shop on Saturday. Yesterday it was
injected with a beef broth mixture and put back into the refrigerator. Brisket out of the refrigerator
and seasoned with Penzeys BBQ 3000 and Killer Hogs BBQ rub.
DSC01078.jpg

Put onto the WSM with a mixture of oak and peach wood. Plan on cooking at 250 until an internal
of 160 then will foil with more broth mixture.
DSC01079.jpg

Brisket cut up after a 2 hour rest wrapped in towels and put in my ice chest.
DSC1080.jpg

Plated with some smoked mashed potatoes and some Au Jus for dipping.
DSC1081.jpg

Experimented this time with finishing the brisket in a covered aluminum pan with some beef broth
on the smoker. No pictures, was busy chit chatting and forgot. The brisket was pulled at an
internal temp of 203. Very tender and moist and the smoked mash potatoes were out this world!
Thanks Kevin for the recipe.

Thanks for looking!

Mike, please reconsider RENAMING this post.

My suggestion:

I'm Cookin' Kick@$$ Food For Jim Lampe! :cool:

Darn, Jim gets all the great grub....even when he cooks up a bunch of great grub on his own!! :mad:

Oh well, sharing is caring!! ;)

Jim's getting a little selfish. Great looking brisket Mike. I assume that little piece of the tail you cut off was to give you the direction of the grain when you had to slice.

All of a sudden, everyone's doing brisket! Great job Mike. Really. Looks tender and juicy. Mashed taters look top notch too.

Thanks everyone for your kind comments. :) The little piece that was cooking with the brisket was the chunk I cut off for grain direction.

Back