Smoked Legs & ABT's

Bill Hays

TVWBB Platinum Member
Tonight's the 2009 Opener ~ Tennessee at Pittsburgh. Don't really care who wins tonight
icon_smile.gif
I'm just glad Football season is HERE !!
icon_biggrin.gif
The Bill's are the local team and baring a miracle, we will start 0-1 after Monday night's loss in New England.

Anywho ... Fired up the WSM earlier with some legs. Rubbed with Grumpy Gator Citrus Pepper and smoked with 3 chunks of Wild Cherry over "the original" Kingsford. Moved to the gasser to crisp up the skin and cooled. ABT's then put on the WSM over several small chunks of hickory. More to come...

IMG_20090910_05443ae.jpg

IMG_20090910_05448ae.jpg

IMG_20090910_05447ae.jpg

After an hour..
IMG_20090910_05451ae.jpg

After 2 hrs 15 min .. Just about there
icon_cool.gif

IMG_20090910_05454ae.jpg

Bill
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Good start buddy.

Hey, maybe Owens will be a difference maker. He's usually good in his first year. After that the problems start.

Great looking cook Bill!

I've got to try some ABT's on the WSM.
It looks like your bacon gets cooked better than mine, when I cook them on the grill.

Thanks G from TO .. HEY!! T.O. in TO !!
icon_eek.gif
It's gonna happen, the Bill's moving to Toronto .. As far as I'm concerned, his problems have already started. A "stubbed toe" kept him out of practically all of the pre-season. When we needed him dearly to help get the newer team started! He reminds me of Grant Hill of the Orlando Magic, when I lived down there .. Get's this huge contract .. GUARANTEED .. And sits on the bench 95%+ of his time there with a smile on his face. We'll see ... In his defense, he has started a Food Bank Drive for the Buffalo area.

Thanks Bob. Most people say it's a PITA to do these but I don't think so. Just set up an assembly line and do things in stages. I did everything here but stuff them (wife helped there) and they were done in less than 20 minutes. 16 japs / 32 ABT's. Use the cheap "thin sliced" bacon .. This was very thin sliced buy-one-get-one-free bacon.

Bill

Bill,

Those ABTs look so good!

Great job with the bacon wrapping.
I've been wanting to tackle these bad boys, just haven't gotting around to it yet, and now after seeing your pics. I can't wait, darn you!

Did you add any flavoring to your cream cheese?

Thanks Dave and Marc. No flavoring to the ABT's this time .. Was gonna mix some WRO in the cream cheese but I had too many things going on today and didn't get any mixed up.
icon_frown.gif
They were very good though !!

IMG_20090910_05458ae.jpg

IMG_20090910_05469ae.jpg

Not a bad way to start the season.
icon_smile.gif

Bill

It's 6:30 am .......the work cafeteria isn't open yet and I start my morning by opening up this as my fist post??? OMG this is just torture!!! To boot, I'm now on Zocor for cholesterol and all I want is chicken legs and ABTS!! Beautiful Bill! Very nice job wrapping the peppers too, I don't see any ooze!! Perfect!

Wow, those ABT's look like they were picked from a bush and just tossed on the grate. Nice work. Chicken looks great too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim Granzeau:
what is an ABT? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tim...it's an 'Atomic Buffalo Turd'. A jalapeno stuffed with cheese and wrapped with bacon! YUMMO!!!
wsmsmile8gm.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim Granzeau:
what is an ABT? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pretty much artery clogging heaven
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim johnson:

'Atomic Buffalo Turd'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what do we call an Habanero that has been stuffed?

Tim

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tim johnson:

'Atomic Buffalo Turd'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And what do we call an Habanero that has been stuffed?

Tim </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Depends on where you stuff it.
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the comments, guys.
icon_cool.gif

Bill

Back