Smoked/Grilled/Braised Beef CSR's

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Costco calls them Boneless Beef Chuck Ribs, or something like that.
Possibly just a chuck roast cut into strips?

Salted for an hour before start, and smoked indirect for 30 mins. with hickory.
IMGP3646.JPG

Then seared direct.
IMGP3660.JPG

Into a pan with a little beef stock, Stubb's beef marinade, butter, and a splash of red wine and woosy sauce.
Foil covered, indirect, and turned at 30 min. intervals.
IMGP3661.JPG

Out of the pan after about 1.5 hours, and glazed with bbq sauce thinned with some of the braising liquid.
IMGP3664.JPG

Sided up with boiled spuds and corn.
IMGP3679.JPG

The flavor was excellent, but the beef had a bit of a chew to it.
I knew I was rushing the braise time, but the Cardinal/Giant game 6 was about to start. Congrats to the Giants!
Nothing more will be said on that subject:(

Thinly sliced, the beef did make for a great lunchtime panini.
Pepper jack, spicy mustard, and pickles added.
IMGP3689.JPG

IMGP3691.JPG

Thanks for your visit, and have a great week!

I should just call my recipe folder here the "Bob Correll Cooks and Recipes" folder. Man Bob, you swinging for the fences or what? Dat dare is sum MY T FINE looking meals there bubba. And X SELL NT pics also. I likes me some Cheetos too, it's the cheese that goes CRUNCH!! Awesome Bob!! :)

OK so first indirect smoke, then direct seared, then braised, then glazed .... We're you trying to do the entire Julia Child repertoire in one cook? Nicely done sir!

I swear Bob, you never cease to amaze me!! Both of those meals look fantastic. And of course, your photos are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Mike

Absolutely Stunning BOB! Really dig the panini press,and the way you snug in some veg on that last plate(read corn) ;)
And dont even get me started on the main plate! 10/10 once again buddy!

Bob as always, you're amazing! I'll be off to Costco today and hope I can do these half as good as yours. Thanks!

Both plates look great, Bob. I've done something similar with pork country style ribs. Hot, quick sear on all sides and then braised in a Western dressing concoction until super tender. Sounds weird but it's really good. I'll have to try these. Oh, and you can't go wrong with Cheetos as a side dish!

Looking good Bob! I get the same cut of meat at my Costco! I have tried to make them several different ways but I always seem to just going back to a high heat sear like steak....

You made it look good Bob! Great idea!

Back