Smoked chicken wings

Hankki

Hi all,

Did my 3rd smoke on my WSM last night. Chicken wings!
Seasoned with a home made cajun blend, curry and some grill mix and salt. Vacuum packed for a couple of hours.

Set the smoker up with lump charcoal and no water in the pan. Smoke wood was three fist size chunks of a plum tree I got from a friend.
WSM stayed at about 325 and smoked for just over an hour, little too much since they were a bit dry, but not nearly as dry as the ones I got at wings 'n more in houston last spring.

I had almost two pounds but they didn't last long for me and my wife. The skin was crispy and nice.
Did not use any sauce.

Thanks for looking!

Those look really nice. It is always amazing to me how quickly wings can go from just right to over cooked .
two things have helped me in this area recently.
1. I got a thermapen
2. I almost always brine my wings now....just a couple hours. Light salt and sugar. Really helps.

anyhow , those look good. Love the wings.

Looks good to me neighbour! Next time do the same but cut the time by 15 min and you will be golden!

kippis

Thank you all for looking and as Wolgast said I'll try 15 min less next time. And the color was really nice.

I love some good grilled or smoke wings.

Brine in salt water for an hour, rinse, and part dry. They will be much more plump and juicy after cooking.

I don't use sugar in my brine anymore. Even when rinsed, they seem to blacken more than when I use just a salt brine.

Back