Smoked and Braised Pulled Pork

Thanks for the post Mike, I was turned onto this by ChuckO and I'm going to give it a whirl Friday and see how it turns out..... quick question though....did you trim the fat cap off of these?......I'm wanting to do some ribs too and I'm thinking smoke the PB on the top rack for around 4 hours and then start the braising process on the lower rack and kick the ribs off on the top rack and hopefully everything will be done around the same time....may need a little more time on the ribs but that will give the PB time to rest.....I'm just thinking that the I'm going to have a mess on the foil over the PB with the ribs up top.....but what a great problem to have right ;)

Zoiks! Looks NICE, and I love the idea of eliminating overnight cooks!

Questions:

1. How much beer / water was left in the pan at the end?
2. If any, can you pour it back over the pork after pulling to add flavor and more moisture?
3. You call this a "timed cook" so at 225* it took about 8 hours. I'm assuming you can push up the heat a bit and finish quicker if necessary with similar results?

Thanks for the post. I'm definitely going to give this a try!

Smoke on! :wsm:

Mike, that is outstanding I like the idea of PSP. Like Rich said that's going on the list to do and thanks for sharing this great idea.

FWIW, I have used this technique several times with hard cider instead of beer, and it is outrageous!
My skinny ballerina niece destroyed 3 sandwiches at one sitting. She couldn't help herself!

I miss Mike. I hope all is well with him and his
Mike is all good, we're friends on FB.
He's still grilling and queing.
I think he started using so many different types of grills and smokers that he didn't feel comfortable posting here anymore.
Pretty sure he is a mod on another Q site, but can't recall which one.
I miss his posts too.

Back