Smoke Shack

Bradley S.

Built a little shed so that I could smoke all winter here in Iowa its actually a deluxe windbreak. The 22.5 WSM sits on a turntable so that all I have to do is give it a little turn so that I can adjust all the bottom vents. Wwe smoke almast every weekend now and love it!! We make very good use of this site regarding how to info, afterall we are not reinventing the wheel here.
DSCN1656-Copy.jpg
DSCN1657.jpg

Nice work, Bradley. That's pretty sweet. You just need a block and tackle or something to lift the lid straight up so you don't get greasy rings on your concrete.

Very nice! I see you have some cut-outs at the top with some hinged ply covers for exhaust. What do you have for a fresh air intake at the bottom? Do you operate the WSM with the door open or closed?

Tim

Very nice! I see you have some cut-outs at the top with some hinged ply covers for exhaust. What do you have for a fresh air intake at the bottom? Do you operate the WSM with the door open or closed?

Tim

When I built it I was wondering how well it would exhaust, vents are on 3 sides, smoke rolls right out of it. The building heats up quite nicely and I use less charcoal and maintain temp real well. I have no intake and it seems to draw just fine, I smoke with the door closed.

very nice Bradley!
a few years ago, I thought of something very much like this... i however went in a different direction.
My plan for a unit like yours, was to incorporate enough room to sit inside with a cold brew... butt thats only me;)

Very nice, Bradley. The lazy susan was a great idea. What did you use for siding and the door? Thanks.

Siding and the door are the same material, OSB siding 3/8 thick. For another 36.00 I could have went with thicker siding, its heavy enough. The corners are 1X4 red cedars, everything was painted and the seams were all caulked. Might have spent $200.00 maybe a little more.

Dave O , the wife loves it, I now do most of the cooking :wsm:

Even though your getting enough airflow a bottom vent would probably help you out in the long run. Nice build.

Even though your getting enough airflow a bottom vent would probably help you out in the long run. Nice build.

Thanks for the compliment, I will be adding a lower vent in the near future, probably go with some sort of dryer vent contraption that I can open when I need iit.

Nice set up Bradley!!! I was thinking of building something similar both for cold smoking fish and usin it for a little house for my WSM!!! Thanks for the great ideas! I never thought of the turn table but that is sweet!

Back