Smoke-roasted Thick Burgers

Barret

TVWBB Pro
I know it's been a while since I've posted anything since a lot has been going on in my life: buying a house, getting diagnosed with colorectal cancer, learning I have Lynch syndrome, two major abdominal surgeries to remove part, then the remainder of my colon (large intestine), and two bouts of chemotherapy. Because of my condition, I'm not allowed to cook food on the grill as much as I used to and now only enjoy it maybe once per weekend at the most, which actually makes me enjoy it all that much more when I do get to have it. I learned that grilled and smoked foods are carcinogenic to folks in my boat but can have them on a less frequent basis.

My attention was again brought back to TVWBB because I just picked up an order of 4 40-lb bags of Royal Oak Briquettes from doitbest.com and early next week I'll be receiving a box each of peach and pear smoking chunks from Fruita Wood. Oh yeah, and COVID-19 has us focusing a lot more attention on cooking at home since we're all mostly at home, anyway.

For my oldest son's 15th birthday party last year we picked up some thick Angus chuck burgers that I smoke-roasted on the 22.5" Master Touch. Yes, they were absolutely delicious and didn't last long at all with all the teenage boys and one large dog around. Enjoy.

Cheers!
Barret

Smoke-roasted Burgers 01.jpgSmoke-roasted Burgers 02.jpgSmoke-roasted Burgers 03.jpgSmoke-roasted Burgers 04.jpgSmoke-roasted Burgers 05.jpgSmoke-roasted Burgers 06.jpgSmoke-roasted Burgers 07.jpgSmoke-roasted Burgers 08.jpg

Wow; prior to today your last post was prior to my joining this site. Thank you for taking time to share your post. My heart goes out to you and your family and I hope you find much improvement and peace in the coming years.

What a pain in the... (this is a family site... :) ) My g/f has beaten colon cancer (she has a family history) that did metastasize into her liver (also beaten,) she's now 5+ years cancer free, although she has one lymph node that is slightly enlarged (fingers crossed.) Let me know if there's anything I can do.

And that food looks pretty darned good.

Thank you both for the kind words!

JKalchik: I, too have a family history, but that wasn't discovered until after I was diagnosed. Now my extended family is finding out most of them have Lynch Syndrome and are taking as many preventative measures as they can.

Hey Barrett, my first reaction (based on pictures) was wow, amazing cook. But reading your post, I really want to say my thoughts are with you, and you seem to be fighting an amazing fight. Stay strong, it will get better. My sister in law fought it too, there were times it was tough, but since then she has seen three of her kids get married, and is right now in Florida playing with three beautiful grandchildren. You got this brother !!!

Back