Smoke Roasted Pork Rib Roast

Mark B

TVWBB Pro
Here was Sunday dinner. Getting some good use out of the Performer this year.

Star of the show - a nice pork rib roast.

ribroast1.JPG

This was seasoned with salt & pepper, then I mixed olive oil, fresh garlic, and herbes de provence and smeared it over the roast.

ribroast2.JPG

This was placed on the Performer which was running between 325 and 350. Just a touch of pecan wood. Used some leftover Kingsford mesquite briqs and supplemented that with some mesquite lump.

ribroast3.JPG

Looks like I missed the photo as it finished on the kettle. It had started thundering and raining. Removed the roast with a temp of 155 and tented it.

Here is the plated result (this is the shot I usually miss), the pork turned out well, with a nice crispy exterior. Plated with some sweet corn, grilled zucchini, and some cooked potatoes that were crisped up with some fresh pimento, and sliced proscuitto salami.

ribroast4.JPG

Turned out to be a good meal. Thanks for viewing !

Thanks everyone. I really like this roast, the rib portions add some succulence. Next time around I will set the temp for 150 internal, and the temp rise while it's tented will do the rest. The loin portion of this roast was thinking about getting dry. Going to 155 may have been a little much. I like these pork roasts to be moist, but without any pink.

You said that turned out to be a "good" meal? It looks freakin awesome to me! Great work!

Back