Smoke-Grey - 26" Mastertouch

I like that Weber have designed the GBS grate so it can accommodate the newer Crafted accessories, adds more versatility. Only gripes are the smoke grey option is a little dull and would have been nice to have the customisable options as with the 22 inch, still progress imo

View attachment 82977
Yeah this makes me happy. Been in the market to replace the cooking grate on my older 26. With this I have the option to use the cooking accessories from the summit charcoal.

I like that Weber have designed the GBS grate so it can accommodate the newer Crafted accessories, adds more versatility. Only gripes are the smoke grey option is a little dull and would have been nice to have the customisable options as with the 22 inch, still progress imo

View attachment 82977
It is a smart new design that allows you to use both the new Crafted Kitchen as well as tge older GBS accessories.

I wish this grate could work on my older style, “flat top” 26.

Anyone see the "white" kettle in the kerendia ad?
I just looked up the ad you mentioned. It almost looks like someone took a 22" Jumbo Joe Premium and painted it white. The legs and triangle are not Weber components. Hard to tell about the wheels.

Regardless, it's not something we manufacture.

The only white kettle we make is our Ivory Master-Touch.

#IworkforWeber

1708962388983.png

Simply put, a cost cutting measure, in which I believe if used enough will only lead to potential crazing.

All Master-Touch are switching to include Char-Rails instead of Char-Baskets. Char-Baskets will still be available as a separate accessory.

Simply put, a cost cutting measure, in which I believe if used enough will only lead to potential crazing.

All Master-Touch are switching to include Char-Rails instead of Char-Baskets. Char-Baskets will still be available as a separate accessory.
While there are some material cost savings of using Char-Rails instead of Char-Baskets, it helps us maintain the price of the kettles rather than increase them.

There are pros and cons to rails vs baskets. If you've used either of them, I'm sure this isn't new info to you.

Baskets can be moved around while cooking, but our insight studies have demonstrated that a very small percentage of users ever move them once they've lit the charcoal. They can also be setup for many different fire/zone configurations for direct/indirect cooking.

Rails can't be moved while cooking, but by virtue of them being able to snap onto the charcoal grate just about anywhere, they can hold more charcoal in specific configurations than the baskets. Rails also provide a little more airflow to the charcoal since they have a smaller surface area (wires vs pressed metal), which can be especially helpful for direct zone cooking.

As for damage to the porcelain enamel, our testing has shown that the enamel holds up just fine in all but the most extreme of circumstances. And for those rare instances when damage does occur, we've got that 10 year warranty on the lid and bowl to set things right.

Back