Smoke Day? Or WSM Smoke weekend?

I go pretty simple on them. Quick rub, usually Pappy’s or Blues Hog, 2 hours on the smoker at 225 (renders out a lot of fat and gets the skin crispy) then a super quick sear on a hot grill. Then your favorite sauce and lots of goodness !!
OK they are now on my shortist list. Man do your look good!

Day 2, had to try something new for Smoke Day 2020. Been wanting to do one since @Pat G posted some pulled beef tacos a few years ago. Loosely followed a recipe I saw from Malcolm at HowToBBQright youtube channel. Seasoned with some SPOG and a little celery seed. Onto the kettle at about 250 (temp came up from the pic, lol)
View attachment 5487

View attachment 5488

What cut of beef is that? Chuck roast? Looks great!

Ok, last one (Monday night) was basic - burgers on the grill. Not so exotic, but something very classic about a burger on Memorial Day.

Wow! Great cooks throughout the weekend. This is how we finished up Monday night as well; burgers on the grill with cheese of various sorts.

Looks like you had a phenomenal smoke weekend! Will need to plan something like this next year, will need an army to eat all of the food though!

Like Rich said, too hard to pick a favorite. But it's clear you've set a high bar for the Smoke Weekend.

Looks like you had a phenomenal smoke weekend! Will need to plan something like this next year, will need an army to eat all of the food though!

I’m sure I’m not the only one this happens to.... “lets get a few friends together” sounds good....then “what’s
Brian making on the smoker?” But I don’t mind of course, always fun to make some good food for friends, and not the worst thing in the world to be known as the one who will make something they love.

Back