SLR's, CSR's, wings, and ABTs for Father's Dat

RGleason

TVWBB Super Fan
SLR's, CSR's, wings, and ABTs for Father's Day

My second Father's Day so I spent it at home with my wife and daughter. Couldn't think of a better day to give a go on my new 22.5" WSM. Had a couple seasoning runs last week but no cook yet. Cooked up St Louis Spares and some Country Style Ribs. Coated the ribs with yellow mustard and then rubbed with Magic Dust. Put em in the WSM with apple wood fueled by royal oak lump at 250. Amazing how well the WSM holds temp! Even through sun,wind, and rain it stayed between 250-264. Awesome! Did 2.5,1.5, 45 minutes on the St. Louis ribs. Foiled with AJ, brown sugar, parkay, honey, and habanero sauce. Brushed em with famous Dave's sweet and spicy combined with devils spit. Like em with a kick. CSR's cooked on the grate for 2.5 hours and then went into a BBQ sauce bath for the remainder of the cook. Heard about the CSR sauce bath here on tvwbb.....both styles of ribs were delish! Loving the WSM!!! Big improvement from my heavily modified ECB :D

While that stuff was cooking on the WSM, I fired up the performer for the ABTs and wings that were dusted with mad hunky rub and cooked with kingsford blue and cherry wood. Man they were good! As always ABTs went fast, I never cook enough!

Thanks for lookin!

null_zpse72b6720.jpg

null_zpsd6666d19.jpg

null_zps931ea321.jpg

null_zps5b1addc9.jpg

null_zpsb2602f92.jpg

null_zps9f0bcbe6.jpg

null_zpsf12bec64.jpg

null_zps24017158.jpg

null_zpsab063d87.jpg

Last edited:
Everything looks great! IMO, that's the best way to country style ribs. Super tender after some time in the sauce bath.

Back