Sliced Beef Sandwiches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Fraley

TVWBB Super Fan
I LOVE Roast beef sandwiches. But I don't care for shredded beef or anything else shredded really. But I love sliced roast beef in a gravy. Like the kind you get when it's catered in. On a bun with some cheese /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif . It's the best.

What I want to know is can I use chuck roast for this? I've made chuck roast two times so far. Both ways Kevin Taylor show's on his site. I prefered the pot roast style MUCH better.
But can I cook it so that it's moist, tender but slices instead of pulling? And would you recommend doing it pot roast style (covered in a foil pan with broth to help steam) Then slice after that?
Also how do you make a gravy to use with it? The drippings?

Thanks for any advice you have to offer.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris Allingham:
[qb] I think what you want is the sirloin tip roast referred to in this thread.

Regards,
Chris [/qb] <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Thanks Chris. I actually think I have a sirloin tip roast sitting in the freezer from the last time my in-laws butchered.
As far as cooking it. I've tried cooking sirloin tip on my kettle a few times and it never came out good. Always dry and tough. Although the last time I tried one was actually before I really learned how to grill or smoke.
I know that Sirloin tip roast is naturally tender so low and slow is not the way to go correct? How do you suggest I cook it in order to get it moist and tender? And be able slice and mix with a gravy to serve on buns?

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to know how to do it right ya know.

Click "search" at top of page, search on "sirloin", you'll get lots of previous threads on this subject.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back