SKQUAAA010 replacement

Matt Woolnough

Just looking for a replacement for the SKQUAAA010 as the mouser site says both it and the SKQUBAE010 are obsolete and unavailable. Mouser suggests SKRHAAE010, which appears to have the addition of a centre button. It appears as though it's the same, we just ignore pin 6 which would otherwise be active when the center button is pressed.

Can anyone confirm this switch works with 4.2?

Thanks

MW

Last edited:
The through hole version of that switch is discontinued. The SMD version does share the same footprint and size, people have reported you can set it on the board and surface solder to the existing holes and it works fine.

The Mouser recommended replacement SKRHAAE010 is completely and utterly different than the needed part. It is surface mount and the pinout is different. It is also rotated 45 degrees from the HeaterMeter design so if you match the pads, it will move diagonally. Alps does not make a compatible part any more.

2s7v1j8.png

Looking at the wire diagram wouldn't they be the same, they look the same.

Yeah, the two of those are the same, but the mouser recommended version is not the one on the right, it is different.

I have to admit that I horded a few of the original switches when the end of the road was near, so I haven't had to look into the SMD version, only read the reports of it working out. If it is still available and someone has a link it should be posted I guess....

I have to admit that I horded a few of the original switches when the end of the road was near, so I haven't had to look into the SMD version, only read the reports of it working out. If it is still available and someone has a link it should be posted I guess....

This is the only place you can get a compatible Nav. button
http://www.onlinecomponents.com/alps-electric-skquaaa010.html?p=10114925&ref=amazonprodads

I have lots of buttons from Onlinecomponents

Last edited:
The Mouser recommended replacement SKRHAAE010 is completely and utterly different than the needed part. It is surface mount and the pinout is different. It is also rotated 45 degrees from the HeaterMeter design so if you match the pads, it will move diagonally. Alps does not make a compatible part any more.

Ahh. Didn't note the rotation. Just as well I asked!

Does anyone know if the Official 4.3 version is far off?

Matthew

Does anyone know if the Official 4.3 version is far off?
An indeterminate time off. I've done two revisions so far and I don't really like how it fits together. Performance isn't as good as 4.2.4, and it costs a few dollars more. It's worth it to just order the button from onlinecomponents, or just order a full kit, whichever is cheaper.

An indeterminate time off. I've done two revisions so far and I don't really like how it fits together. Performance isn't as good as 4.2.4, and it costs a few dollars more. It's worth it to just order the button from onlinecomponents, or just order a full kit, whichever is cheaper.

OK, no worries. Thanks for getting back to me.

Any word on the next version with the separate buttons?
I was going to order parts and didn't really want to spend $8 for a $1 switch.

Any word on the next version with the separate buttons?
I was going to order parts and didn't really want to spend $8 for a $1 switch.

The four button version will cost more then the current version. So it would probably be same the cost regardless, if you were to buy the $9 switch.

You could also buy more parts from onlinecomponent, to offset the higher shipping cost.

Last edited:
Once I went through the order process at Onlinecomponents.com, their website didn't actually require a $50 minimum order, though I did see their website state somewhere that there was a $50 minimum....
Should arrive tomorrow.

Back