Skirts, Taters & Caesars

Don Cash

TVWBB Gold Member
Been away from my grills and the board for what seems like an eternity, life is getting in the way of my addiction...and it's put me in a serious funk.

I've posted this cook many times but I needed a serious fix to pull me out of my crummy mood...worked like a charm!

Thanks for viewing...again.

Our favorite, skirt steaks and potatoes with a Caesar salad dressed with my wife's homemade dressing and homemade croutons.

Baby white potatoes getting a head start.

IMG_3430.jpg

Skirt rubbed with leftover tri-tip rub from here.

IMG_3431.jpg

On.

IMG_3432.jpg

Off.

IMG_3433.jpg

Potatoes finishing up, direct after being drizzled with some garlic oil.

IMG_3434.jpg

Plated with my wife's awesome Caesar salad.

IMG_3435.jpg

Pretty good meal. We got the skirts from Kroger and they were extremely tough. We usually get them from Tom Leonard's and wont make the mistake of not getting them from there again.

Nice lookin' plate, boss.

The last skirt I bought was a piece of garbage too. I cut that thing against the grain, on the diagonal, and I still felt like I was chewing on a piece of bubble gum.

LOL BTW...I'm not insinuating your skirt is a piece of garbage...just that it left something to be desired like mine.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
BTW...I'm not insinuating your skirt is a piece of garbage... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No worries, Hayden...It was. We felt like we were eating an old shoe. Flavorful but very, very tough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Don Cash:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hayden McCall:
BTW...I'm not insinuating your skirt is a piece of garbage... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No worries, Hayden...It was. We felt like we were eating an old shoe. Flavorful but very, very tough. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like we both had a case of "bad cow."

Brilliant Don. I may do a skirt this weekend -- marinated in chipotle and Mexican oregano... mmm.

Another nice one, Don.

What's that beverage in the second pic? Almost looks like a good, strong bourbon and ginger...

set that plate of goodness in front of me Don, and say bye-bye to everything, including the fork!
SENSATIONAL!

Thanks guys! Skirts are still our favorite. I'm just glad this wasn't the first one we ever had...probably wouldn't go back to them again if it was.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JimK:
What's that beverage in the second pic? Almost looks like a good, strong bourbon and ginger... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Haha. No, not a B&G. All I had in the house was rum so I mixed it with some of my daughter's strawberry, banana juice...Pretty good!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Stuart Osterweil:
How DO you keep your table so clean ? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I usually hit it with some 409 after every few cooks. Cover it when not in use...easy peasy.

Back