sirloin tip roast?

Becky M-M

TVWBB Pro
(i hope this is in the right place.....)

a while back i bought a couple of pieces of meat on sale and threw them into the freezer. i was looking for something to throw in the crock pot since tomorrow i will be busy with church and have been busy at church this past week.

after looking at them they dont look like a regular roast to me. they have more of a triangular look. the package actually says Sirloin Tip Roast and they weigh 2.85 lb and 1.4 lbs.

most importantly, i dont want to "waste" a piece of meat that would turn out nicely on the grill.

they look like lean pieces of meat so i am guessing that they cant be cooked very long, which is why i am rethinking the crock pot thing.

any suggestions? (i dont have pictures of them as they are frozen.)

Somewhat similar to tri tip.You can leave whole. Let it sit out to get to room temp, about 1/2 - 1 hour.Season with your favorte beef seasoning and cook indirect at 350-400 until internal is 110. Sear all around and pull at 125-130. You can sear at the beginning if you like, then move to indirect. My opinion

As you saw, quite lean.

Definitely whatever route you go, it has to be no more than medium-rare (pull at 120-125 and tented will rise to about 130).

FWIW, I buy sirloin tip when I want (to grind my own) lean hamburger.

Sirloin tip is the marketing name for beef knuckle. It is from the round not the sirloin. Good for roast beef, conventionally cooked or smoked/roasted.

Back