Silver Bullet Smoker Jacket.

Used mine on a turkey cook last weekend. Was having a problem getting to 325F even with my Stoker attached. Put my silver bullet jacket on and was finally up to temp within 15 minutes. Only downside I see to it is you do get increased buildup on the outside of your smoker, but that doesn't really bother me.

Todd,That is why I'm thinking on going with the water heater blanket.It leaves room around the Weber,not covering it.There also must be a build up on the inside of the blanket.

The build up is just a light film. I've never had gunk build up on the WSM or on the inside the jacket. Been using mine for 5 years now and it's just disscolored on the inside of the jacket, no sticky gunk or such. After I use mine I hang it up to dry out for a day or two and fold it up and put it away.
icon_wink.gif

I love my smoker jacket - use it "every" time - it definitely saves on charcoal, and ensures a very consistent output from the WSM.

Well worth the $100.

Chuck,
It's almost mandatory equipment where we live. The weather element is taken out of the equation. I use mine all the time, summer or winter. The cover kind of "Super Charges" the WSM. I think it cooks better or more evenly- predictable. Most higher priced smokers have insulated cooking chambers/ fire boxes.

Originally posted by Dudley Rose:
... I have two of them, one original design, which wasn't as good (delaminates, etc. because it's not UV resistant) and the newer model, which is much better. ...
I'm not sure that being "UV Resistant" was really the fix for the jacket. Mine has never been exposed to direct sunlight and rarely to the open sky.
icon_confused.gif
Where did you get this info? I'd like to look into it more.

Bill

I got it from the Guru support people when I inquired about the degradation of the silver cover on the older one.

Originally posted by Bill Hays:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dudley Rose:
... I have two of them, one original design, which wasn't as good (delaminates, etc. because it's not UV resistant) and the newer model, which is much better. ...
I'm not sure that being "UV Resistant" was really the fix for the jacket. Mine has never been exposed to direct sunlight and rarely to the open sky.
icon_confused.gif
Where did you get this info? I'd like to look into it more.

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you want something cheap, cheesy, and very effective, get a roll of Reflectrix at your local Big Box and make one of these. It's very good at keeping temps up on a wet, windy winters day.

2006_1215_162856AA_edited-1.jpg

2006_1215_162908AA_edited-1.jpg

I will second the reflectrix I use it.The link below shows some pictures with it in use. I wrap loosely about a inch between the WSM and the reflectrix. Just use spring clamps to hold on. photos
A full load of charcoal went from 10PM to 2PM the next day. I closed all the vents to snuff out the fire. There was enough charcoal left for the cook the next night about 2 hours.

Back