Silver B refurb for my brother

Oren C

TVWBB Member
Well, here I go again. Rich Dahl warned me of this. After a successful refurb of my redhead, my brother has talked me into refurbishing an old Weber gasser for him. So, I found this Silver B for $10 on CL. I have a few ideas for it. Just have to see how it goes. This one has the duraplastic, so no crazy woodwork this time. Too bad. More to come as the process begins...

Here is the Silver B. Just got it home...
IMG_20140527_150646_1.jpg
[/url] image uploading[/IMG]

Geez, I would have spent $10 just to get the drip pan, tank guage and a good thermostat. That would save me about $60 dollars ;)

Last edited:
Ok, I have come up with crazy ideas for my brother's grill. It should turn out to be one of a kind (my apologies to the purists). Question- is there such a thing as a high temp clear coat? Hopefully in aerosol form? I have some research to do...

Hey Barry- I take all the paint off, then start it with a couple of coats of matte finish Rustoleum High Heat. I basically use that as a primer. Then I will move to the Rustoleum Ultra High Heat Semi-Gloss for the final coats. I find it to give the grill a deeper luster. Drawback is that it needs to sit extra days so the many layers will cure out. But the end result is pretty cool... Not the most efficient, but works until I find a better way...

Hey Barry- I take all the paint off, then start it with a couple of coats of matte finish Rustoleum High Heat. I basically use that as a primer. Then I will move to the Rustoleum Ultra High Heat Semi-Gloss for the final coats. I find it to give the grill a deeper luster. Drawback is that it needs to sit extra days so the many layers will cure out. But the end result is pretty cool... Not the most efficient, but works until I find a better way...

How are you removing the paint....sanding, wire wheel, stripper, sand blast, etc?

Hey Eddie, right now I'm sanding (usually a wet sand) and pressure wash. But I'm trying to hook up with a soda blast guy I heard about. He's supposedly cheap, but I haven't gotten up with him yet.

Ok, so I'm waiting on a few parts, then final assembly will commence. Waiting on Weber to send me a bottom connector for the frame.

Great job Oren! You have a talent for restoration work. Now whats going to be your next project? Told you that you would get hooked!

Back