Silicone thermometer plug

Scott R Nor Cal

Anyone have any tips on installing the silicone thermometer grommet. That comes with the new model wsm? I messed with it for over an hour. Any suggestions will be a huge help.

Anyone have any issues with the plug cracking? I had my Maverick probe just stuck 85% through the pinhole during a recent cook. When I was done, I pulled the probe out, the grommet buckled a little and then cracked. Pretty sure I can get a replacement from Weber, but this is only 6 months old and I am curious if this is going to be an ongoing problem.

Its a ***** to get on there, watch out too cause itll tear up your therm probes. When u take it out it grabs to tightly around the probes and pops off the top. Wouldnt recommend using it for its purpose, I have had to replace three probes because of the darn thing.

My 14.5" WSM came with the silicone grommet. After using it a couple of times, I just cut a groove in the top of the barrel like my Mini-Joe and 18.5" WSM (I had modified both). It is a FAR better solution for my Maverick 732 probes. No comparison...

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Back