Should I Pick these up?

Derek, I just picked up a Silver A a month ago off CL and I love it. I paid $75 and it came with 2 tanks. The one you are looking at seems to be in good shape.
The 18" kettle you can buy new at Lowe's for $79. Here is a 10% off link that you can use to order it online and pick it up at the store later that day.
http://renovopower.com/lowes10percent.php

I think $125 for the two burner is overpriced, unless you specifically need one that small - they just don't have the versatility of the three burner. Also $60 for a used 18" kettle seems high to me as well, considering they are $79 new.

It's funny, everyone around here must just keep their grills until they totally rot. In a year, I've seen two! One was pretty good the other, not so.
One of these days I will find a gasser for the price I am willing to pay when, I have some "play" money.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I was thinking that it was a little steep of a price for both but wasn't really sure. I will see if I can get the gasser under $90 then might get it and just get me a new kettle. Dave I can be there in about an hour and I emailed that guy about the performer yesterday and hasn't replied yet. I will try him again. thanks again.

I think $125 for the two burner is overpriced, unless you specifically need one that small - they just don't have the versatility of the three burner. Also $60 for a used 18" kettle seems high to me as well, considering they are $79 new.

It's true that the prices seem high, but as you compared, the kettle is $60 versus $79 new. However, the gasser is $125 versus $399 new. It may not be the best deal, but if I wanted a grill and was tight on funds, $125 is still getting a pretty good grill as long as it is in good working order. It's not a good price for the guy who can wait around until a great deal comes along, but for a "buy it now" price, $125 isn't too bad. As Derek indicates, offering $90 makes sense. Sure, $50 is better, but I think a working Weber in good shape for $100 or under is worth considering if the budget is tight.

Realize though that if you have to put money into it, it becomes a not so good deal quick. Weber parts are not cheap but I think the burners are warranted for 10 years if one of them were to be bad.

It's funny, everyone around here must just keep their grills until they totally rot. In a year, I've seen two! One was pretty good the other, not so.
One of these days I will find a gasser for the price I am willing to pay when, I have some "play" money.

This one is about 1 hr away in Bronson area, but might be worth looking into. I'd at least ask if they could take and better/more pictures. Specifically, the inside of the firebox, then with grates removed, then with flavorizer bars removed.

http://battlecreek.craigslist.org/for/5543713674.html

It's true that the prices seem high, but as you compared, the kettle is $60 versus $79 new. However, the gasser is $125 versus $399 new. It may not be the best deal, but if I wanted a grill and was tight on funds, $125 is still getting a pretty good grill as long as it is in good working order. It's not a good price for the guy who can wait around until a great deal comes along, but for a "buy it now" price, $125 isn't too bad. As Derek indicates, offering $90 makes sense. Sure, $50 is better, but I think a working Weber in good shape for $100 or under is worth considering if the budget is tight.

Realize though that if you have to put money into it, it becomes a not so good deal quick. Weber parts are not cheap but I think the burners are warranted for 10 years if one of them were to be bad.

It's an older Silver A that at minimum is missing a side table. That alone would cost $45 or more to replace. That puts the total cost at $170 if nothing else needs to be replaced on it. Much better grills can usually be had with a minimal amount of patience.

Back