Short ribs on WSM 22"

RCMuck

Got five REALLY meaty short ribs from our local Amish butcher. Did two today not even remembering it is "Smoke Day". Almost ready, these are at 200 degrees and I have plenty of time to finish and rest in a faux cambert. Smoked on oak and a little touch of pecan, spritzed with water and some SBR mixed in. They smell great so can't wait to get into them. Sides,20200523_170635.jpg20200523_170630.jpg a nice Caprese salad, fresh green beans and some jacket potatoes. Happy Smoke Day!

Nice huge hunks of beef!
:unsure: i'm kinda old but i ain't ever heard of "jacket potatoes" before...

A "jacket potato" in the UK is a "baked potato" in America. ... Split in half and topped with fillings such as beans, tuna, and chili, the souped-up spuds are known as "jacket potatoes," a reference to the intact potato skin.

We have taken to doing the Brit way with oil and salt on the skin and at a higher temp. Search some recipes, they are very good! Sorry no cut pictures of the ribs. Had some of the leftovers again last night, still delicious. And I was worried that the thickness of the meat might cause issues with the cook but a little over 8 hours cook and 30 minutes in the faux cambro and they were excelent.

A "jacket potato" in the UK is a "baked potato" in America. ... Split in half and topped with fillings such as beans, tuna, and chili, the souped-up spuds are known as "jacket potatoes," a reference to the intact potato skin.

We have taken to doing the Brit way with oil and salt on the skin and at a higher temp. Search some recipes, they are very good! Sorry no cut pictures of the ribs. Had some of the leftovers again last night, still delicious. And I was worried that the thickness of the meat might cause issues with the cook but a little over 8 hours cook and 30 minutes in the faux cambro and they were excelent.

My wife and I were planning a 20th Wedding Anniversary trip to Wales and Scotland this year, but alas, may have to postpone it until next year or so. But, before all the craziness, I was looking at a lot of restaurants and their menus, and I also didn't know what "jacket potatoes" were and had to look it up. Very interesting!

Oh yeah, and the ribs look nothing short of fantastic. Keep up the good work!

Cheers!

Back